All new acct registrations in the queue as of 5/25 at 4:40p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Minneapolis gets an Urban station.. Sort of

Hey, some of us like to talk about happenings in other areas of the country, too. Here's the place to do it.
Deleted User 10525

Minneapolis gets an Urban station.. Sort of

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:46 pm

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1346 ... ips-urban/

102.5, which is a Translator, which is also heard on 97.1 HD-3 has transitioned from classic hip hop to Urban. What's funny is The Translator did marginally better in the ratings then Vibe 105, The infamous 3 105 signals, which no format seems to work out. The One IMO that probably worked out the best was Love 105.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Minneapolis gets an Urban station.. Sort of

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:08 pm

Absolutely! Trashing the Love 105 format was one of the more idiotic moves of the Dickey era -- that's saying a lot! After Lite 102.9 flipped to Country, the Love 105 brand had an Adult Contemporary lane a mile wide to itself. AQH share was in the upper 2's for a period.

You may recall the 105's dumped the Love 105 format so that Cume-u-Less could clear the awful (at the time, anyway) CBS Sports Radio format in the market. Clear Channel had flipped 100.3 to Sports; Cume-u-Less probably was stupid enough to think a third-tier national sports format combined with one or two local shows could grab ratings. Instead, the station spent most of its life at or below a 0.5 share.

Memo to 106.7: Twenty-One Pilots, Imagine Dragons, FUN and Fall Out Boy all S-U-C-K!!! Stop playing those shitty (boy) bands, and maybe you'll end your streak of piss poor ratings!

Deleted User 10525

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:34 am

Yes, Total bone head move. Love was about the only thing that worked on the 105's. I remember one time listening to Zone 105 online, like back in late 2000 and my mom making me get off line so she could use the phone, ha ha. They did Jammin oldies for about 11 months in 2001. I think The Ticket's last book was a pitiful 0.1. Although, that abortion looked somewhat ok compared to the turd that was Detroit Sports 105.1.

The Vibe is fairing no better. I think either Possibly going Oldies, with The True Oldies format channel might give them better results. Plus it would fit in with KQRS and 93X.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:15 pm

True Oldies or Soft Oldies (similar to the original Love 105 format) would work reasonably well. So would Adult Contemporary! The Twin Cities still lack a Mainstream AC station.

I remember when 105.7 was a f*cked Triple-A station called "Cafe 105.7" with Imus in the Morning of all things in the AM drive slot. 105.1 & 105.3 were airing a pretty cool Modern Rock format known as "Rev 105" at the time. (105.7 would later join the Rev 105 simulcast.)

Memo to 106.7: Twenty-One Pilots, Imagine Dragons, FUN and Fall Out Boy all S-U-C-K!!! Stop playing those shitty (boy) bands, and maybe you'll end your streak of piss poor ratings!

Deleted User 10525

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:42 am

Right, I found out about all of that after the fact, Imus on a AAA station. Thats just weird. I've heard a few air checks of Rev, it did sound like a neat station. KREV/WREV/KCFE. There call letter combination now is messed up. I cant see Cumulus ever using WRXP anyplace or WWWM again for that matter. I did listen to V 105 a few times, The Twin Cities Groove. They were a little late to the jammin oldies thing, as by 2001 stations were starting to leave the format. I don't think V ever crack a 2 share.

Could be "Oldies 105" or " Warm 105". The fact a decent sized market doesn't have at least 1 regular AC station strikes me as strange.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic