All new acct registrations in the queue as of 10/14 at 10:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Another Flip in Tampa

Hey, some of us like to talk about happenings in other areas of the country, too. Here's the place to do it.
Turkeytop

Another Flip in Tampa

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:10 pm

Former Christian station WTIS 101.1 FM and 1110 AM has flipped to an easy listening format. Mostly music of the 70s, 80s and 90s. Similar to the highly popular WDUV in this same market area. But WTIS is also throwing into the mix, a few of the standards, by the likes of Sinatra, Tony Bennett, and Nat King Cole.

I like it but I fear I'm probably in the minority. I predict it won't last. It will be too tough to knock WDUV out of first place. I expect that, by the time I get back here next year they'll have flipped to something else. Perhaps all curling or all polka.

Part of their problem is that neither their FM nor their AM signal pack enough punch for solid reception across Tampa Bay into Pinellas county.

I get the FM OK in the car and on my good, desk top receiver with an outdoor antenna. But on small portable radios or on a Walkman, I can't hear it at all. The AM comes in weakly here during the day, but not at all at night.

Turkeytop

Re: Another Flip in Tampa

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:39 am

This station is doomed. Been listening for about two weeks and haven't heard a single ad. How long can they go on like that?

format this

Re: Another Flip in Tampa

Post by format this » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:56 am

Turkeytop wrote:This station is doomed. Been listening for about two weeks and haven't heard a single ad. How long can they go on like that?
Stations that flip usually play something similar to 10,000 songs in a row to introduce the format, which is probably what’s happening with this station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic