Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Paywall links

Got a question? Can't figure out how to get that neat picture under your user name? Need any other tech tips? Post it here! Also, this is where I make important site related announcements.
Round Six

Paywall links

Post by Round Six » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:08 pm

Let's try to keep this civil but I have a question. Let's use the Detroit News as an example.

To those who are paying for a subscription. When you look at that site, does it automatically let you peruse without logging on, so you may forget you're posting a link behind a paywall?

Or are you needing to log on, thereby knowing when you post a link here, your link is behind a paywall?

Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

SteveS

Re: Paywall links

Post by SteveS » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:25 am

You have to login or else the site wouldn't know you're a subscriber. After that clicking on any of the "For Subscribers" articles open like any other free article.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:02 pm

I'm a Det News online subscriber, I just click on the site and I'm in without needing to log in with my password/user ID, I believe I chose the option of being permanently signed in...

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:43 pm

Okay thanks. I think Lido provided the answer I was looking for.
Seems folks will often post links here on Buzzboard that require a paywall to view.
Sounds like it can be inadvertent,
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:18 pm

If you browse the Detroit News site while in Germany, there are no "subscriber only" articles.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:07 pm

If you want around a paywall, try https://archive.ph/
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic