Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bear Training

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Bryce

Bear Training

Post by Bryce » Tue May 07, 2019 11:24 pm

A vid from one of my sessions with a rescue dog.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

FET-500

Re: Bear Training

Post by FET-500 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:47 am

NICE dog. BEAUTIFUL dog.

How is it that you're able to deal with the rescue people?

It seems as with so many other things in our culture, the rescue crew is even more extreme and self-important.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed May 08, 2019 11:10 am

FET-500 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:47 am
NICE dog. BEAUTIFUL dog.

It seems as with so many other things in our culture, the rescue crew is even more extreme and self-important.
Thanks! He's great inside and out. But that wasn't always the case.

Indeed many rescues are as you say. There are several in the area I won't deal with. The trick is to find the right one.

I have two that I work with that aren't over the top extreme. They do great work and save many, many dogs. They do have high standards on who they will place a dog with, but the standards are needed to match the right home to the individual dog. Some folks get angry when they are denied.

For example, I had a young Dobermann that had some fear aggression issues coupled extreme energy. Worked with her for about 2 months before she was ready to be adopted. I turned down a couple living in a small apartment that had a young child because it just wouldn't be the right fit for them or the dog. Even after explaining the reasons why it just wouldn't work, they called me a asshole. Oh, well, not the first time someone called me a asshole, won't be the last.

If you saw some of the conditions that dogs are rescued from along with the poor health the dogs are in and then see the applications that come in from people wanting to adopt a dog, you would get a idea why some rescues become "extreme". Doesn't make it right, but I can understand how it happens.

For a even better idea on what rescues deal with daily, that "Beautiful Dog" in the video looked like this when I picked him up.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed May 08, 2019 3:06 pm

Awwe. 🤗
I think it's a very wonderful thing you are doing Bryce! :)

Music is my life.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:04 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:10 am
FET-500 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:47 am
NICE dog. BEAUTIFUL dog.

I turned down a couple living in a small apartment that had a young child because it just wouldn't be the right fit for them or the dog. Even after explaining the reasons why it just wouldn't work, they called me a asshole.
I joke with my wife that we should do a public service video on youtube called "Why you really don't want a Border Collie", so I get what you're saying for sure.

I currently have a rescue mutt, a feral cat and a 70 lb border collie.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed May 08, 2019 8:12 pm

FET-500 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:04 pm

I joke with my wife that we should do a public service video on youtube called "Why you really don't want a Border Collie", so I get what you're saying for sure.
I love it. You completely get it. Most people are cluless when it comes to the physical and mental needs of a border collie. Different breeds have different needs. They aint just all dogs.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu May 09, 2019 2:18 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:06 pm
Awwe. 🤗
I think it's a very wonderful thing you are doing Bryce! :)
Thanks! I get more out of it than I give.

If you know anyone that would like to be a doggy foster parent, let me know.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic