Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

In the wake of last night's shitshow...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 24

In the wake of last night's shitshow...

Post by Deleted User 24 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:23 am

... I saw the following post I wrote 2 years ago on my Facebook page. I post it here, unedited, because of the fitting synchronicity. BTW, don't bother with your "interpretation" of the video I reference. I know what I saw.

I am 60 years old and have had cerebral palsy since birth. I grew up in leg braces and have had multiple surgeries on my legs and foot in an attempt to help with the condition. I walk with a permanent limp, have lots of balance problems and fall often, am weak and poorly coordinated -- all through no fault of my own. But I have worked for a living my entire adult life and have made my way, mostly in radio and in print journalism, the best way I know how.

When you mock a disabled NYT reporter, you mock me.

Since 2004, I have had the best job of my life, a volunteer position as an announcer for The Miracle League of Michigan, a sports program for special-needs children. We began with 25 kids playing baseball on the state's first rubberized, wheelchair-accessible diamond. We now have about 400 kids in our program, which includes bowling and dance classes. We plan to add indoor touch football soon.

These kids all have physical and/or developmental disabilities -- through no fault of their own -- that would keep them out of traditional youth sports programs. The disabilities include CP, spinal bifida, blindness, deafness, Down syndrome, the various forms of autism and many other issues. In addition, many of them are medically fragile; we have averaged one funeral a year for these children since 2004. If there's anything worse than going to a funeral for a nine-year-old, I hope to never experience it.

When you mock a disabled NYT reporter, you mock them.

And if you somehow think that it's appropriate for the man who is about to become the leader of the most powerful nation in the world to have acted in this manner, just fuck off.

screen glare

Re: In the wake of last night's shitshow...

Post by screen glare » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:54 pm

Well said, Vic. Hats off to you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic