Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Gino Vannelli

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
matt1

Gino Vannelli

Post by matt1 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:41 am

The song "People Gotta Move" (from 1974 "Powerful People") was used during Detroit Tigers commercial breaks back in 1977 - 1979!! When I was watching "Soul Train" back either in January or February of 1979, the guests were Gloria Gaynor ("I Will Survive" & "Anybody Wanna Party") which she performed & Gino Vannelli (who did "I Just Wanna Stop" & "Wheels Of Life"). Gino invited Ross Vannelli on that show. The album "Nightwalker" (from 1981) is a great album despite about what critics gave a poor 1 star rating. Anthony Geary (Luke Spencer of "General Hospital") call it his favorite album of 1981 in People magazine year end issue!! Still waiting for Michael Bolton to do the remake of "Living Inside Myself" & that would be something!! The next Gino album "Black Cars" is a one of my favorites from Gino which has the title track, "It Hurts To Be In Love" & "Just A Notion Away". The next Gino album was "Big Dreamers Never Sleep" (from 1987 & out of print) which has his last big hit in the U.S. called "Wild Horses" (NOT The Rolling Stones 1971 song). His latest CD or album is called "Live In L.A." (from 2015). I do have "Ultimate Collection" (1 CD from 2000 on Hip-O) & the one worth having.

Deleted User 10525

Re: Gino Vannelli

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:47 am

I've always liked Wild Horses. I just wanna stop is good too. Black cars is underrated IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PvuNAoG0XY

Deleted User 14803

Re: Gino Vannelli

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:48 am

Black Cars my fav!That tune was on the radio,I had a black Dodge Charger ,My girlfriend at the time and I in the back seat at the drive-in need I say more?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic