Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Xenforo

Got a question? Can't figure out how to get that neat picture under your user name? Need any other tech tips? Post it here! Also, this is where I make important site related announcements.
Deleted User 9015

Xenforo

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:33 pm

MW, you might want to consider adopting Xenforo. It gives a sleek look and allows you more tools. Below is an example of a board that makes use of it.

http://www.kiwifar.ms.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Xenforo

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:17 am

I appreciate the suggestion, but phpBB has generally served me (and I hope - all of you!) well.

I am not an advanced web page designer or anything close to that. My hosting service is familiar with phpBB and so am I, so that's what I plan to keep using for the foreseeable future.

craig11152

Re: Xenforo

Post by craig11152 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:09 am

MWmetalhead wrote:I appreciate the suggestion, but phpBB has generally served me (and I hope - all of you!) well.

I am not an advanced web page designer or anything close to that. My hosting service is familiar with phpBB and so am I, so that's what I plan to keep using for the foreseeable future.
I am a fan of this format. I have frequented only 6-8 forums over the years and this format is my favorite. Maybe its because its the first format I was on and the format of the forums I had the most fun on. My only beef is that there doesn't seem to be a way to post a picture straight from my computer. It seems I have to move it to an Internet web site to post it. Not a big deal and if I am missing something somebody let me know.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic