All new acct registrations in the queue as of 8/11 at 9:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Xenforo

Got a question? Can't figure out how to get that neat picture under your user name? Need any other tech tips? Post it here! Also, this is where I make important site related announcements.
Neckbeard

Xenforo

Post by Neckbeard » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:33 pm

MW, you might want to consider adopting Xenforo. It gives a sleek look and allows you more tools. Below is an example of a board that makes use of it.

http://www.kiwifar.ms.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Xenforo

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:17 am

I appreciate the suggestion, but phpBB has generally served me (and I hope - all of you!) well.

I am not an advanced web page designer or anything close to that. My hosting service is familiar with phpBB and so am I, so that's what I plan to keep using for the foreseeable future.

R.I.P. Vinnie Paul Abbott (March 11, 1964 – June 22, 2018)

craig11152

Re: Xenforo

Post by craig11152 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:09 am

MWmetalhead wrote:I appreciate the suggestion, but phpBB has generally served me (and I hope - all of you!) well.

I am not an advanced web page designer or anything close to that. My hosting service is familiar with phpBB and so am I, so that's what I plan to keep using for the foreseeable future.
I am a fan of this format. I have frequented only 6-8 forums over the years and this format is my favorite. Maybe its because its the first format I was on and the format of the forums I had the most fun on. My only beef is that there doesn't seem to be a way to post a picture straight from my computer. It seems I have to move it to an Internet web site to post it. Not a big deal and if I am missing something somebody let me know.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic