All new acct registrations in the queue as of 5/25 at 4:40p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

IP Banned? : (

Got a question? Can't figure out how to get that neat picture under your user name? Need any other tech tips? Post it here! Also, this is where I make important site related announcements.
A Little Birdie

IP Banned? : (

Post by A Little Birdie » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:43 pm

Hey MW:

Can you have a quick look at my account? All my home/mobile IPs that I log in from have been banned for whatever reason. : (

However, work IP is fine.

This is what I get when I log in from my home or mobile:

"You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

A ban has been issued on your IP address."

Thanks!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: IP Banned? : (

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:42 am

I hope the issues have been resolved now; I apologize for taking a while to get back to you.

A couple weeks ago, I had numerous spambot registrations (I'm talking hundreds) in the queue. Many came from IPs whose first three digits matched the first three digits of IP ranges commonly used by Buckeye Cable and Charter. I should've been more selective in the IP ranges that I blocked. Instead, I set my block filters based on the digits of the IP address that preceded the first "." only.

For the folks who emailed me to report these inadvertent blocks, I researched the IP ranges from which these users have historically posted and made sure they were unblocked.

Memo to 106.7: Twenty-One Pilots, Imagine Dragons, FUN and Fall Out Boy all S-U-C-K!!! Stop playing those shitty (boy) bands, and maybe you'll end your streak of piss poor ratings!

A Little Birdie

Re: IP Banned? : (

Post by A Little Birdie » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:22 pm

Thanks MW!

:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic