All new acct registrations in the queue as of 5/25 at 4:40p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Why has this place become so cynical and sarcastic?

Got a question? Can't figure out how to get that neat picture under your user name? Need any other tech tips? Post it here! Also, this is where I make important site related announcements.
TheForce

Why has this place become so cynical and sarcastic?

Post by TheForce » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:31 am

Just like the title says, why has this place become so cynical and sarcastic? What purpose does that serve? Why do people feel the need to chime in on something if they don't have anything to really add to the conversation? :rolleyes

craig11152

Re: Why has this place become so cynical and sarcastic?

Post by craig11152 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:27 am

a fair question. I wonder the same AND am guilty as charged on occasion.
Any forum out there only has a small handful of active posters at any given time and I suppose those are the people who set the tone.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:18 am

I am certainly an active participant in cynicism, but lately (without some of the more blatant players in the political forum) it has been rather conversational.

The WLDR thread in Northern Michigan is directly related to the station owner's own behavior.

Where do you see other examples (jackass :rollin )...

(C) 2018 TC Talks. Assembled in U.S.A.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:24 am

I think Turkeytop has to share some blame. He drinks light beer, he is a life time union man and a "foreigner" to boot. :blink

Motor City Radio Freak

Post by Motor City Radio Freak » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:19 pm

Good to hear that he is still around.

ADD in TC

Post by ADD in TC » Sat May 02, 2015 1:26 pm

TC Talks wrote:The WLDR thread in Northern Michigan
Just out of curiosity,what ever happened to that thread?When I started it,I did not quite imagine it to go in the direction it did.There was so much more I could of added to that thread but decided not to since the owner of that station does have a lot of money on the line.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Sat May 02, 2015 4:53 pm

TheForce wrote:Just like the title says, why has this place become so cynical and sarcastic? What purpose does that serve? Why do people feel the need to chime in on something if they don't have anything to really add to the conversation? :rolleyes
Some of it is trying to tell people the realities of certain parts of the business and getting annoyed when they ignore you or insist you are wrong...

LouPerry

Post by LouPerry » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:06 pm

Our Board is different than many top market boards. You use your real name and your email address is posted when you make a comment or reply. The result is top professionals participate and people not connected to the industry generally don't participate. No one takes shots. In NY WPLJ that was very successful is no longer. When people commented on that John Foxx the PD wrote what he is doing to fix the station. Scott Shannon was the morning guy and very popular morning drive and drove the stations ratings. He "retired" and about 3-6 months later morning drive at WCBS-FM and ratings went up and station lowered station demo. Pat St. John announced his retirement Scott posted about a 10-minute audio praising Pat personally and professionally. Most of the years Pat competed with Scott.

K-Earth in LA normally one or two #'s went up lot to 5.7 and people asked why. PD Chris Ebbott wrote what he has done to tweak the on-air product. Part of that was letting go afternoon drive legend Shotgun Tom Kelly.

My point is a more industry professional boards uses real names that keep the conversations away from sophomoric comments hiding behind a made-up name. Don't get me wrong on the Detroit board there are a number, big number of very informed experienced broadcasters.

Splouge
Location: 9 miles from the laziest ever TV station, W33BY, or as they call themselves, WHPR TV

Post by Splouge » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:21 pm

I am perhaps a top contributor to the rudeness, look at my post about Then there's this: Sequel in the d-quel. But you know what, Force is right. This guy should be appointed a forum administrater immediately

One time, I got WYZZ Peoria 330 miles away indoors clearly for 10 minutes on Dec 5, 2015

Splouge
Location: 9 miles from the laziest ever TV station, W33BY, or as they call themselves, WHPR TV

Post by Splouge » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:14 pm

It's caused MW to close the forum, we've got until May 15

One time, I got WYZZ Peoria 330 miles away indoors clearly for 10 minutes on Dec 5, 2015

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic