All new acct registrations in the queue as of 10/18 at 10:00p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Users with multiple accounts

Got a question? Can't figure out how to get that neat picture under your user name? Need any other tech tips? Post it here! Also, this is where I make important site related announcements.
rob otto

Users with multiple accounts

Post by rob otto » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:16 pm

Hey MW -

I believe as Admin you can see the IP Address of everyone that posts. If that is indeed true, I think it would be in the best interest of the BuzzBoard to have a "one account per person" rule so the rest of us don't have to sift through one person having endless conversations with themselves.

What are your thoughts on this?

craig11152

Re: Users with multiple accounts

Post by craig11152 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:37 pm

Do you have reason to believe one person with multiple accounts is having endless conversations with themselves?

In any case I'd say after 11 posts in 11 years you need to step your game up if you're going to make suggestions.

kager

Post by kager » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:04 pm

Why is the number of post the board displays as you having made relevant? It's not even correct...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

rob otto

Post by rob otto » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:07 am

In the Metro Detroit forum, the Ron Cameron thread and the Cowboy thread are mostly being commented on by HandsomeBradyBreaker, 80sSports, and 313Sports, all of whom seem to be Cowboy from Windsor. I suspect there are other pseudonyms being used by the same person as well, but those are the three most obvious ones.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:46 am

kager wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:04 pm
Why is the number of post the board displays as you having made relevant? It's not even correct...
Whether the post count is correct or not I can't say but as to numbers of posts if one wants to "lurk" and read but not contribute with posts they are not helping the cause. Unless people post there is nothing to read. He certainly has a right to complain even with his low post count but then so do people have a right to complain about politics even if they don't vote.
Sometimes exercising a "right" isn't the proper thing to do. I have a "right" (its not a crime) to let off a foul smelling fart in a crowded theater. It doesn't mean I should exercise that "right"

kager

Post by kager » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:00 pm

My point is the overall number of posts for a user here went down dramatically when the board's history was chunked off by MW some years ago. What you see in the numbers is what remains. The possibility exists that someone posted quite regularly early on in their membership, but life over a decade changed posting habits so that over the past few years... not so much.

Regardless, can't see quantity of posts above or below a certain number mattering when posing a question here, but did find your fart equation amusing.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic