All new acct registrations in the queue as of 6/16 at 8:10a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

No longer want to be a member

Got a question? Can't figure out how to get that neat picture under your user name? Need any other tech tips? Post it here! Also, this is where I make important site related announcements.
NS8401

Re: No longer want to be a member

Post by NS8401 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:21 pm

rizzman87 wrote:How can I delete my information off this board?
MW would have to help you with that... I think PHPBB boards are set up to have the admin handle that...

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:06 pm

rizzman87 wrote:How can I delete my information off this board?
since you only have 50 posts you can edit each one down to something like by-by. The post will still be there but your content benign.

Deleted User 10525

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:25 am

Out of curiosity is it possible to delete your account?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:03 pm

I've deleted rizzman87's acct and have pruned all posts, as requested.

To answer Brian's question, unfortunately users are unable to delete their own accounts. The board software requires the Administrator to perform that action.

It is possible a phpBB extension exists that grants such functionality to individual users; I'll do some research into this.

Memo to 106.7: Twenty-One Pilots, Imagine Dragons, FUN and Fall Out Boy all S-U-C-K!!! Stop playing those shitty (boy) bands, and maybe you'll end your streak of piss poor ratings!

DAC

Post by DAC » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:54 am

I'm going to quit very soon if Lovinlive101 isn't finally addressed. Enough is enough. The line between antagonist and troll has been crossed, over and over. Why is nothing done about it? I petition everyone else to quit also. This is a great forum, but we could live without it. Do something, MW!

Petition Started.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:17 am

Vote for DBR.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:31 am

I will certainly not quit over 101. I try to ignore his posts for the most part. But it's true 101 is a textbook troll who refuses to engage in civil discourse. So I'd be OK with the DBR. If that was his demise he'd have no one to blame but himself.
On a side note I thought once upon a time he claimed to be she. But I won't waste time trying to find a post that may not exist.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:52 pm

Blackcowboybrady64 is another.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:27 pm

I'm going to quit very soon if Lovinlive101 isn't finally addressed. Enough is enough. The line between antagonist and troll has been crossed, over and over. Why is nothing done about it? I petition everyone else to quit also. This is a great forum, but we could live without it. Do something, MW!

Petition Started.
The board has an "ignore" function. It's known as the Friends & Foes list. Instructions here:
app.php/help/faq#f6r1

I have zero issue with LL 101's posts. If you cannot be a mature adult and simply skip his or her posts, I don't know what else to say.

I would contend YOU are being a troll by encouraging my readers to "quit" the site.

Memo to 106.7: Twenty-One Pilots, Imagine Dragons, FUN and Fall Out Boy all S-U-C-K!!! Stop playing those shitty (boy) bands, and maybe you'll end your streak of piss poor ratings!

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:21 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:27 pm
The board has an "ignore" function. It's known as the Friends & Foes list. Instructions here:
app.php/help/faq#f6r1
I have zero issue with LL 101's posts. If you cannot be a mature adult and simply skip his or her posts, I don't know what else to say.
I would contend YOU are being a troll by encouraging my readers to "quit" the site.
Your points are certainly valid and you are the ultimate voice as the owner of the site. But you are also the guy who created the DBR for some reason. Because, as you said, we can all utilize the ignore button and "be a mature adult and simply skip his or her posts," I would ask why you ever created the Douche Bag Repository?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:27 pm

Fair question.

DBR honorees intentionally flood the board with (mostly) off-topic posts, try to incite discord with each & every post, and seldom if ever contribute anything of intellectual value.

LL101 may be condescending at times or espouse unpopular viewpoints on certain topics, but those are not grounds for revocation of posting rights and transfer of his or her prior posts to the DBR.

I think it's been a few years since I last bestowed DBR honors on anyone.

Sometimes, posts made by banned users are so inappropriate that I feel compelled to completely remove them. Such was the case with "Al Hopkins" from the SE Michigan board.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:15 pm

Fair enough. I am probably overly sensitive to his/her utter distain of cops since I have a daughter and son-in-law in the profession.

kager

Post by kager » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:58 pm

Like a few others here, it plants a row in the BB garden by posting a antagonistic topic, and tends it regularly by seeding with its own posts (sometimes for long stretches - exclusively), which pop it to the top of the list, and grow the row. However, it needs ensure the row is 'straight'. If a weed or garden pest like you or me happens to wander into its row, and disturb its seemingly only life work with the posting of an unlike thought, it comes out of its trap-door in the ground to play with the intruder. Its specially-formulated Spectracide of hypocritical personal insults and condescension is not intended to kill, but merely irritate the non-conformer into adding more seeds, which grows the row, and gives the tender a sense of accomplishment, purpose & pride.

A drought may indeed be the answer...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:41 pm

I suggest a "Dungeon" which like the DBR, but they can only post in there - it keeps the board more focused, without an outright ban of the user.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:03 am

Not a bad suggestion; not sure it would see much in the way of posting activity, though.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic