Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 10-07-2017 at 9:30a ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

When will WHNE-LD move from 20 to?

Got a question? Can't figure out how to get that neat picture under your user name? Need any other tech tips? Post it here! Also, this is where I make important site related announcements.
12thstreetbrainiac

When will WHNE-LD move from 20 to?

Post by 12thstreetbrainiac » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:46 pm

Since WTVS is moving to UHF 20, did WHNE-LD find a new channel to move from UHF 20 yet?

Otter Mii-kun

Re: When will WHNE-LD move from 20 to?

Post by Otter Mii-kun » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:53 pm

I think this would be better off in the Metro Detroit section...

Since the repack list only includes surviving full-power and non-displaced Class A stations and the UHF dial will be pretty packed now that it's going to be cut down to end at RF 36, I wouldn't be surprised if, WHNE were to survive in the end when this repacking process gets in full swing, they wind up getting shoehorned into a low-band VHF allocation (RF 2-6). Though, to be honest, I wouldn't get my hopes up about this, as this is probably a best-case scenario (not to mention that the Low-VHF space is mind-boggling terrible for 8VSB ATSC digital broadcasts, as I'm sure over-the-air households in the Philadelphia area very well know).
Isn't it nice how deregulation has brought us such oversized and dangerously overleveraged broadcast owners? (Yes, I'm looking at YOU, Sinclair, Nexstar, Cume-U-Less, and iFart!)

12thstreetbrainiac

Post by 12thstreetbrainiac » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:04 pm

Oh, OK. But VHF (2-6) should be available for WHNE, though, right?
Last edited by 12thstreetbrainiac on Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

12thstreetbrainiac

Post by 12thstreetbrainiac » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:07 pm

In Toledo, Ohio, where will WVMY-LP (Channel 23) be going to?

videocollectore

Post by videocollectore » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:17 pm

I've queried the owner of WHNE and he's fairly confident that there will be slot available for him on the same tower, VHF if not UHF. He won't specify though as he's still working on it.

12thstreetbrainiac

Post by 12thstreetbrainiac » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:43 pm

WJBK (Fox 2) is on RF 7 and CBET is on RF 9, so WHNE will have to move to 2, 3, 4 or 6. In the meantime, by the way, WLMB in Toledo, OH is on RF 5.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic