Welcome to the Buzzboard! By viewing or posting any content on this site, you are agreeing to the TERMS OF USE! So, please take a moment to read them if this is your first visit or have not done so in a while. All accepted registrations through Friday, December 23 at 9:00a ET have been activated.  

It is currently Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Why cant i say H***?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:56 pm 

Location: 9 miles from the laziest ever TV station, W33BY, or as they call themselves, WHPR TV
H***

see that? I said H***

H
U
G
E

Why cant I say that uncensored?

Post subject: Re: Why cant i say H***?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:41 am 

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13757

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:54 am 

It was fun to think about this- it was 10 years ago that all the hubbub over The Large Person Who Shall Not Be Named raised a stink with our esteemed Buzzboard leader. Is he even still around? (H***, I mean, of course MW is still here, thank goodness.)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:54 am 

I'd hazard a guess that if he's not on this board, he has operatives checking it out on a semi-regular basis.

A little birdie (with authority) tells me that he's about to lose his second consecutive book to Greg Big Drew & Jim (3.6 to 2.4) . . . . Eric Zane is similarly in the tank too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:13 am 

Radio Sucks wrote:
It was fun to think about this- it was 10 years ago that all the hubbub over The Large Person Who Shall Not Be Named raised a stink with our esteemed Buzzboard leader. Is he even still around? (H***, I mean, of course MW is still here, thank goodness.)

It's a shame, but I certainly support the moderator. This is a labor of love; certainly no revenue, and some sabre-rattling from the outside could easily take away any fun of the role. I continue to accept it as an unfortunate matter.

Karma has a way of working things out all by itself.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:09 am 
Site Admin

Thank you, Mr. Cap -- that's very nice of you! :)

I thank you for your participation in the buzzboard!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,

M.W.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:44 am 

What I don't get is, how can somebody who happens to have a name that is also a very common word in the English language hold that word hostage? Let alone for 10 years and counting. Heck, even most statutes of limitation for violations of law expire in less than 10 years.

I'm guessing you can't make the filter case-sensitive? Proper names always begin with a capital letter, so it seems like filtering out only the capitalized name would fulfill the request that his NAME not be used here.

MW I know you gotta do what you gotta do, I just know if I were in your shoes I'd be ticked off if I owned a site that I had to place a prominent sticky in a forum and ban an English-language word for 10+ years. But that's just me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:22 pm 

From where I sit as a long-time reader and only occasional poster, it seems to me MW has a H*** amount of patience: not only with the Large Unnamed One, but with a lot of other bozos who show up here for the fun.

Thanks, MW, for keeping this source of broadcasting news from my old home state up and running! Happy New Year 8)