Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Six Fatally Stabbed At Bondi Junction Mall

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Ben Zonia

Six Fatally Stabbed At Bondi Junction Mall

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:26 am

Six people were stabbed to death in a mall in Bondi Junction, near Sydney, Australia. No mention of motive. Face blotted out on picture.

https://apnews.com/article/sydney-shopp ... a833ba0d51

Malls all over the world are now striking fear in shoppers. Maybe because in a strip mall, it would be in one store, and easier to get out of the store quickly and run or drive away. But the down side is that the attacker could get away easily also.

Before this, the only time I ever heard of Bondi Junction was the 1973 CanCon song "Bondi Junction" by Peter Foldy, played for nine weeks on CKLW, and a few border cities in the US. Peter Foldy lived near Sydney before moving to Canada. Now a perfectly good Pop/AC song will be associated with a mass stabbing murder. I thought it was just some rural road junction, if it was a real place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P-2RoP6Smw

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

zzand

Re: Six Fatally Stabbed At Bondi Junction Mall

Post by zzand » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:18 pm

According to what I have read the stabber was a man who suffered mental health issues. Authorities are not treating it as a terrorist situation

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:53 pm

zzand wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:18 pm
According to what I have read the stabber was a man who suffered mental health issues. Authorities are not treating it as a terrorist situation
They always say that. A relative of mine was attacked in a large city, and that's what they said about him. I won't give any more identifying details, but my relative has very influential associates, Democrats, who got him tried and convicted several years later, and finally sent to prison. I don't think if it was a nobody with no influence who got attacked, they would have pursued it like they did. Look how long it did take to get to trial. If you don't believe this story is true, you are absolutely wrong.

The other thing they did, another Democrat politician interviewed blamed the victim, on TV news, for not being careful enough, on the day it happened. I do agree, to the extent that you have to be careful and avoid these situations, by all means necessary. I also agree that avoiding these situations is much better than having to defend yourself with a gun. But the attacker would remain free, unintimidated, and unchanged, if they recovered from a GSW. Free to attack someone else. But it least you yourself would be uninjured.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:04 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:53 pm
zzand wrote:
They always say that. A relative of mine was attacked in a large city, and that's what they said about him. I won't give any more identifying details, but my relative has very influential associates, Democrats, who got him tried and convicted several years later, and finally sent to prison. I don't think if it was a nobody with no influence who got attacked, they would have pursued it like they did. Look how long it did take to get to trial. If you don't believe this story is true, you are absolutely wrong.

The other thing they did, another Democrat politician interviewed blamed the victim, on TV news, for not being careful enough, on the day it happened. I do agree, to the extent that you have to be careful and avoid these situations, by all means necessary. I also agree that avoiding these situations is much better than having to defend yourself with a gun. But the attacker would remain free, unintimidated, and unchanged, if they recovered from a GSW. Free to attack someone else. But it least you yourself would be uninjured.
:lol: Coming from you?!?
The censorship king from out of state.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:57 pm

Peter Foldy "Bondi Junction" went to # 113 (Billboard Bubbling Under The Hot 100 Chart) in September of 1973 on Playboy Records. Peter also did the song "Roxanne" (NOT The Police 1979 song) that went to # 110 (Record World Chart) in September of 1976 on Polydor Records. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnuT9VkixFw

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:10 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:04 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:53 pm
zzand wrote:

:lol: Coming from you?!?
It was on the local news on all major TV stations in the market. I'd say do a search, but they've probably been removed due to the time passed. I also don't want any further identification. I protect my relatives' identity, even though they are rabid Democrats.

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic