Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Talk about being in the wrong place..

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
TC Talks

Talk about being in the wrong place..

Post by TC Talks » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:10 pm

This is tragic, but it should serve as a reminder that vapes can be harmful to your health.
A teenager in Michigan was struck and killed by a flying butane canister from an explosive fire at a vaping distributor’s warehouse about a quarter mile away on Monday night, the authorities said.

The 19-year-old man, who was not identified, was among several people injured from chunks of metal that the force of the explosion projected as far as a mile away, Mark Hackel, the county executive in Macomb County in Eastern Michigan, said in an interview.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

moldyoldie

Re: Talk about being in the wrong place..

Post by moldyoldie » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:01 pm

I was a mere 4 1/2 miles away at the time and didn't hear a thing. All reports show it to be quite the tragic spectacle. I'm wondering if the unfortunate young man saw it coming at him and was momentarily dumbstruck.
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:33 pm

The victim has been identified, and it sounds like he was a terrific young man. My heart breaks for his family and friends.

It is somewhat miraculous there were not additional fatalities or severe injuries arising from this incident.

I think the Macomb County Prosecutor should take a hard look at charging the owner of the business where the large (and highly numerous) butane tanks, nitrous oxide tanks, and lithium ion batteries were stored improperly and illegally with negligent homicide.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 869292007/

I cannot help but ask the following question:
Was the EAS ever activated during this event for civil emergency reasons? If not, it absolutely should have been activated to advise people to stay completely away from the area or to shelter in place indoors.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:55 pm

The New York Times article indicated that notice was on social media. I doubt it qualified as a regional EAS situation.

The Detroit News story turned into an ad for his church...
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic