Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Easy Beer

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Easy Beer

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:53 pm

Out on my bike today, I was going past a bar and decided to go in for a beer. When I was finished the bartender asked if I wanted another. When I told him No he made a proposal.

A party of five or six had just left. The bartender told me he'd give me another beer if I'd clear their table. It so happens, that in another lifetime, in another town, I worked at a bar. I know the routine. I less than two minutes, I had cleared away all the empty bottles and glasses and wiped the table. Then, I enjoyed my easy beer.

I won't be going back to that bar. I wouldn't want it to become a career.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

HD74

Re: Easy Beer

Post by HD74 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:11 pm

Did they leave you a tip?
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:19 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:53 pm
Out on my bike today, I was going past a bar and decided to go in for a beer. When I was finished the bartender asked if I wanted another. When I told him No he made a proposal.

A party of five or six had just left. The bartender told me he'd give me another beer if I'd clear their table. It so happens, that in another lifetime, in another town, I worked at a bar. I know the routine. I less than two minutes, I had cleared away all the empty bottles and glasses and wiped the table. Then, I enjoyed my easy beer.

I can get you some help if you ever decide you want it. Nothing ensures staying sober more than helping another alcoholic.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:34 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:19 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

I can get you some help if you ever decide you want it. Nothing ensures staying sober more than helping another alcoholic.
Why would he want to quit?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:26 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:34 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:19 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

Why would he want to quit?
I could sure fucking go for one or twelve myself.
-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:54 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:26 pm
I just helped some get into rehab, finally. And, Dry January ends at midnight.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:17 pm

Sometimes at our local brewery, the bartender will get behind on washing the glassware. She knows that I am willing wash dishes in exchange for free beer, so my tab at the end of the visit disappears for about 5 minutes of hard, manual labor. :hat
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:47 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:54 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Nah, I'll never pick up again. It's just a stressful time. But kudos on helping save a life. I've tried to sponsor quite a few people. Some are still clean, some just weren't ready.
-TurkeyTop

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:54 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:47 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Nah, I'll never pick up again. It's just a stressful time. But kudos on helping save a life. I've tried to sponsor quite a few people. Some are still clean, some just weren't ready.
Stay strong, Mega.
The censorship king from out of state.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:10 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:54 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:47 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Stay strong, Mega.
I do. I have too good of a life that I worked my ass off for to give it up. I still have people from the tables I reach out to. All my buddies are in Ann Arbor so they're not far if I need them. Thanks, brother.
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic