Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Any school bus drivers?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Round Six

Any school bus drivers?

Post by Round Six » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:10 pm

So I have a question.

Is it possible for a bus driver to "smoke out" people when they take off? There is a bus driver in our district. If there are people on the corner, the bus will sometimes belch out exhaust smoke on acceleration. Never happens when no one is waiting on the corner. No other bus does it.

Just curious if this is something she can do on purpose. Thanks.

Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Rate This

Re: Any school bus drivers?

Post by Rate This » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:23 pm

Round Six wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:10 pm
So I have a question.

Is it possible for a bus driver to "smoke out" people when they take off? There is a bus driver in our district. If there are people on the corner, the bus will sometimes belch out exhaust smoke on acceleration. Never happens when no one is waiting on the corner. No other bus does it.

No. It either does or doesn't do that. It might depend on how hard she hits the accelarator but the smoke is due to turbo lag.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:05 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:23 pm
No. It either does or doesn't do that. It might depend on how hard she hits the accelarator but the smoke is due to turbo lag.
Thanks. I was thinking something along the lines of her intentionally pulling away from the stop sign in a lower gear, or something like that.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:28 pm

Rate This wrote:
Round Six wrote:
So I have a question.

Cracked DPF.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:37 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:28 pm
Rate This wrote:
Round Six wrote:
So I have a question.

Cracked DPF.
It depends on how old the bus is. A lot of those prior to 2010 won’t have a DPF. A cracked DPF would light up the dash.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:55 pm

Are there any buses from 2010 left on the road? Most I see at auction are around 2015 these days.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:57 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:55 pm
Are there any buses from 2010 left on the road? Most I see at auction are around 2015 these days.
The oldest are around 2004 or so.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic