Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmore Lake House Explosion

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Whitmore Lake House Explosion

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:02 pm

My jaw dropped when I saw areal footage of the debris field.

Everything was completely decimated and shredded to tiny pieces. I agree there is a reasonable possibility this wasn't (strictly) a natural gas explosion. Those can certainly be horrendously bad, but what occurred near Whitmore Lake looks even worse.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:32 am

FIRST - I have NO IDEA what caused this explosion.

Just a couple facts to consider:

If you look at Google Earth, there's a big propane tank located in front of the house.

Propane is denser than natural gas, and is VERY DANGEROUS inside buildings. It has TWICE the energy of natural gas on a cubic foot basis.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:49 am

km1125 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:32 am

If you look at Google Earth, there's a big propane tank located in front of the house.

Propane is denser than natural gas, and is VERY DANGEROUS inside buildings. It has TWICE the energy of natural gas on a cubic foot basis.
So hypothetically if it went boom it would be twice the bang?

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:28 am

km1125 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:32 am

Well that's may change my hypothesis on what happened.
Does propane have a detection smell added to it?.
If not, a house full of awake people may not of been aware of a leak.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:33 am

Odorant is added to LP Gas.

https://www.suhresgas.com/help/LP_GAS_O ... _INFO.html

I do want to clarify that when I called about one incident, the odor was outside the building.That building had four condos, and there were other nearby buildings with four condos. The leak was outside near the foundation, from a gas pipe exterior to the building. In other incidents, the smell was noted on the outside of the building before entering.

Let me reiterate, call the gas company. They have concentration detection meters. I looked into buying one, to verify what we were being told about the level of safety in our workplace, but a good one was several thousand dollars. If you are worried about neighbors being involved in something else, do it discreetly.

I looked up whether it is legal to concentrate THC oil and it is apparently legal, but possession is limited to 15 g of concentrate. It is legal, but just as bad for explosion risk as a meth lab, because the same kinds of flammable agents are often used.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:29 pm

For what its worth the address was 8255.
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4036329 ... ?entry=ttu

The owner of record was this guy
https://www.facebook.com/rick.pruden.10

If i have a hobby at all its looking up shit like this on the Internet.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:44 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:29 pm
For what its worth the address was 8255.
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4036329 ... ?entry=ttu

The owner of record was this guy
https://www.facebook.com/rick.pruden.10

If i have a hobby at all its looking up shit like this on the Internet.
His wife is very unfortunate looking. How does someone make it through decades of marriage when their partner looks like they fell and hit every branch of the ugly tree? He's no prize, either, but holy shit, that's one ugly woman :barf . I'm not saying that you should only marry a woman who is 10/10, but being fuckable should be a prerequisite, otherwise you both will be miserable.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:40 pm

Regardless of what caused the explosion, it is a tragedy.

Nevertheless, we must investigate and report the actual cause.

If it is what we suspect, people should learn from this. Same with natural gas explosions. We should understand and learn how to avoid all these.

As for Neckbeard, who apparently looks like Taylor Swift, we all hope his/her New Years Resolution is to be nice to people. One day at a time, Taylor/Neckbeard.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:13 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:40 pm
As for Neckbeard, who apparently looks like Taylor Swift, we all hope his/her New Years Resolution is to be nice to people. One day at a time, Taylor/Neckbeard.
I am probably the nicest person who uses this website. Just because you don't like what I say doesn't mean that I am not nice to people. But I guess it is commonplace for conservatives to allow their personal feelings to cloud their judgement.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:53 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:13 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:40 pm
I am probably the nicest person who uses this website. Just because you don't like what I say doesn't mean that I am not nice to people. But I guess it is commonplace for conservatives to allow their personal feelings to cloud their judgement.
He probably suspects you manufacturer THC oil in your basement.

As Matt likes to point out...

Ben Zonia had a second account called TC Shuts Up for several years which attempted to troll me. His posts were not what he would define as nice. I find it amusing that he is lecturing anyone on this board about demeanor. He is a demonstrated asshole.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:07 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:53 pm
He probably suspects you manufacturer THC oil in your basement.

As Matt likes to point out...

Ben Zonia had a second account called TC Shuts Up for several years which attempted to troll me. His posts were not what he would define as nice. I find it amusing that he is lecturing anyone on this board about demeanor. He is a demonstrated asshole.
I can understand operating a second account for the amusement of yourself and others. Creating a satirical personality can result in some amusing stuff. But when someone creates an account for the purpose of following another user around to challenge everything they have to say obsessively like TCSU would do with you and other left-leaning users, that is god damn pathetic.

If Ben Zonia was actually TCSU, then he is the most god damn pathetic person to ever use this forum. SAD!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:24 pm

About the only one who supports him is Audiophile, and, well, enough said.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:50 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:24 pm
Audiophile creeps the fuck out of me. I wouldn't be shocked to see a headline one day about the owner of a radio station getting busted for some gross stuff. I hope his wife takes time to sit down with their kids and ask them some difficult questions.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:10 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:50 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:24 pm
Audiophile creeps the fuck out of me. I wouldn't be shocked to see a headline one day about the owner of a radio station getting busted for some gross stuff. I hope his wife takes time to sit down with their kids and ask them some difficult questions.
Eh, I doubt he's all that. He just seems to be naive and seems a bit wrapped up in the Old Testament.
― Noam Chomsky

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:51 pm

Let's be cool, guys. It's the new year.

Get back to normal tomorrow.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic