Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tesla Cybertruck is an incapable pile of rubbish

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Tesla Cybertruck is an incapable pile of rubbish

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:57 pm

The Charger/Challenger/300/Durango all seem to attract a certain seedy clientele.
The Challenger is in a class of its own in that regard. Lots of assholes driving 100 mph on congested city freeways in those.

300s with tinted windows look like drug dealer cars.

The only issue with the Charger and the Durango is they each grew long in the tooth. The Durango is actually a well regarded SUV. I had a Charger as a rental eight years ago and liked it.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:17 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:57 pm
The Charger/Challenger/300/Durango all seem to attract a certain seedy clientele.
The Challenger is in a class of its own in that regard. Lots of assholes driving 100 mph on congested city freeways in those.

300s with tinted windows look like drug dealer cars.

The only issue with the Charger and the Durango is they each grew long in the tooth. The Durango is actually a well regarded SUV. I had a Charger as a rental eight years ago and liked it.
Considerably more Chargers doing that weaving stuff..

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:00 pm

I like Renting chargers if a pickup isn't available. They are easy to drive and few blind spots.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:12 am

I drove a loaded charger for six years and loved it. Have to admit though that the Grand Cherokee I replaced it with is much nicer.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:29 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:00 pm
I like Renting chargers if a pickup isn't available. They are easy to drive and few blind spots.
💯

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:06 pm

I saw a Cybertruck in the flesh late this afternoon. I was stunned to see one parked in the driveway of a house a half-block up the street from me!

I am unsure if the vehicle belongs to a visitor or someone who lives there.

The side profile doesn't look quite as bad in person as I was anticipating. The rear of the car truly looks bizarre from ground level - like one massive flat piece of sheet metal. The tail lights / brake lights and rear turn signal indicators are difficult to locate when not illuminated.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:44 pm

Tesla and Independent reports are suggesting that of the 1 Million people who put an initial deposit on a Cybertruck in 2019, 27% have opted in to taking delivery by paying an additional $1000 and completing their specifications. This despite the price doubling from the initial report and a slightly reduced range. This amounts to almost 3 years of maximum production.

I don't think Tesla could give a shit about criticism.

Meanwhile at Ford, the Lightning has been a disappointment as EV sales soar...
You might have seen the news today: Ford is slashing production of its theoretically popular F-150 Lightning EV pickup due to tumbling demand, amid slowing growth—not a downturn!—in EV sales.
https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/ ... -memo-says
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:15 pm

So paying more and getting less... sounds like these people are exactly who P.T. Barnum was referring to.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:54 pm

The F-150 Lightning is overpriced trash; no argument from me on that point. Range is abysmal when towing.

Bull Shannon

Post by Bull Shannon » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:58 am

zzand wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:21 am
All three are dead or dying. The 300!has stopped production. The Charger and Challenger will be dead after this year. They are being replaced with EVs. The Charger will go back to a 2 door the way it is intended
Stellantis is putting all of its money into the Jeep brand because that one is the bread winner in the family, along with the Ram trucks. I'd wager the only reason they still even offer products under the Chrysler and Dodge brand is to keep the trademarks alive.

It's AMC all over again.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:53 pm

Motown322 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:15 pm
So paying more and getting less... sounds like these people are exactly who P.T. Barnum was referring to.
Yet, buyers know the the cost today and they still bought. The cybertruck is different and cool and fast and bulletproof. Tesla is giving the market what it obviously wants. PT Barnum still had an outstanding product and was a grand marketer. The Tesla press rollout has been shoulders above how the big 3 launch a vehicle.
― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:55 pm

Blazer EV sales have been terrible since the July 2023 launch, and now technology issues have prompted GM to suspend production:

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ ... 108110007/

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:51 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:55 pm
Blazer EV sales have been terrible since the July 2023 launch, and now technology issues have prompted GM to suspend production:
https://archive.ph/Y9oeL

There are more announcements to come from GM and their EV program.

So if Ford and GM are failing, Rivian has had problems in their first year, how exactly is the Cybertruck rubbish? It's a standout for success.
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:06 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:51 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

So if Ford and GM are failing, Rivian has had problems in their first year, how exactly is the Cybertruck rubbish? It's a standout for success.
Because it’s as capable as a truck as a Prius would be. They sold a ton of chevettes and a ton of Yugo’s. That doesn’t make them great vehicles.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:18 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:06 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:51 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

Because it’s as capable as a truck as a Prius would be. They sold a ton of chevettes and a ton of Yugo’s. That doesn’t make them great vehicles.
As capable as a prius? It can out pull a F350 with an 11,000 tow capacity. And it's bulletproof.
― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic