Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Self Checkout

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Matt

Re: Self Checkout

Post by Matt » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:48 pm

Deleted User 16144 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:32 am
In my latest shopping trip to Aldi, the store had only two lanes open and about six self checkouts which is fine. But one problem with the self checkout at this location is the self checkout was credit or debit card only, no cash. Now I usually feel guilty when I use the self checkout and that in my opinion, that it puts people out of work. I also feel that when I’m patronizing a business, I’m paying for a service, a Cashier and even someone to bag all my groceries. I do realize that we are living in an automated age, but we still need that human element. Another reason is I don’t care for the self checkout because a machine doesn’t pay into the payroll tax which affects Social Security. The Social Security Trust fund will be depleted by 2034 and if the politicians in D.C. do nothing to reform the program, all of the recipients of Social Security will no longer get 100% we will be lucky to get 77%. Medicare is going to run out of money by as early as 2029. So the question is when you patronize a business and it has self checkouts do you favor that or do you prefer to go to the lane where there is a live cashier? And what about Social Security, are you concerned about its future?
Bye, Caliber, we hardly knew this version of you.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:56 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:48 pm
In my latest shopping trip to Aldi, the store had only two lanes open and about six self checkouts which is fine. But one problem with the self checkout at this location is the self checkout was credit or debit card only, no cash. Now I usually feel guilty when I use the self checkout and that in my opinion, that it puts people out of work. I also feel that when I’m patronizing a business, I’m paying for a service, a Cashier and even someone to bag all my groceries. I do realize that we are living in an automated age, but we still need that human element. Another reason is I don’t care for the self checkout because a machine doesn’t pay into the payroll tax which affects Social Security. The Social Security Trust fund will be depleted by 2034 and if the politicians in D.C. do nothing to reform the program, all of the recipients of Social Security will no longer get 100% we will be lucky to get 77%. Medicare is going to run out of money by as early as 2029. So the question is when you patronize a business and it has self checkouts do you favor that or do you prefer to go to the lane where there is a live cashier? And what about Social Security, are you concerned about its future?
Which name was this?

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:37 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:56 pm
Matt wrote:
Which name was this?
Caliber.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:18 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:37 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:56 pm
Matt wrote:
Which name was this?
Caliber.
How losing a man of his caliber hurts the Buzzboard at 11.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:06 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:45 am
craig11152 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:17 am
paul8539 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:55 am
Not long ago, I was shopping at a Meijer. I was in there for not quite an hour. When I went to check out, the only lanes that were open were self checkout lanes. There was not a single one with someone at a register who could help you bag, give change intelligently, or other things that service people do. I just parked the full cart, and walked out. One hour of my valuable time wasted.
That is a dick move. You are an asshole. Somebody had to use their valuable time restocking your cart.
If having an actual cashier is that important to you then make note of it when you walk in the store which conveniently is right where the check stations are. If you don't see a live cashier station just walk back out.
Not only that, but I wonder how much food melted or spoiled before his abandoned cart was noticed and determined to be abandoned. Many times a grocery store will not restock that because they don't know how long it's been sitting, so it goes in the trash because of the ass who said who cares about the dead animal. I regularly see abandoned meat, fish, eggs, and milk in stores because of assholes like that, and that's the type of food spoilage that really pisses me off.
And not only THAT, but asshole paul had to go to another supermarket to waste another hour of his "valuable" time to re-buy the shit he needed in the first place. You really showed 'em, paul!

Look forward to your next barrage of comments on every topic on buzzboard in three weeks.
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:46 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:06 pm
ZenithCKLW wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:45 am
craig11152 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:17 am
paul8539 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:55 am
Not long ago, I was shopping at a Meijer. I was in there for not quite an hour. When I went to check out, the only lanes that were open were self checkout lanes. There was not a single one with someone at a register who could help you bag, give change intelligently, or other things that service people do. I just parked the full cart, and walked out. One hour of my valuable time wasted.
That is a dick move. You are an asshole. Somebody had to use their valuable time restocking your cart.
If having an actual cashier is that important to you then make note of it when you walk in the store which conveniently is right where the check stations are. If you don't see a live cashier station just walk back out.
Not only that, but I wonder how much food melted or spoiled before his abandoned cart was noticed and determined to be abandoned. Many times a grocery store will not restock that because they don't know how long it's been sitting, so it goes in the trash because of the ass who said who cares about the dead animal. I regularly see abandoned meat, fish, eggs, and milk in stores because of assholes like that, and that's the type of food spoilage that really pisses me off.
And not only THAT, but asshole paul had to go to another supermarket to waste another hour of his "valuable" time to re-buy the shit he needed in the first place. You really showed 'em, paul!

Look forward to your next barrage of comments on every topic on buzzboard in three weeks.
I dream of a day when all of Paul's "work" is exclusively here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=38

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:57 pm

This post from yesterday tells you how in tune he is:
paul8539 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:56 am
I have a 1992 model Zenith TV with a digital converter. That is all I need.
...unless he is the greatest schtick ever on mibuzzboard.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:00 pm

G G has the greatest “shtick” but this Paul makes me think he only has internet access from the library when “Mrs. Paul” lets him out.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:02 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:00 pm
G G has the greatest “shtick” but this Paul makes me think he only has internet access from the library when “Mrs. Paul” lets him out.
Oh, there's no Mrs. Paul.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:15 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:02 pm
ZenithCKLW wrote:
Right, because she goes by her maiden name and that infuriates Paul.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:23 pm

Oh, there's a Mrs. Paul. It's paul's mother.

Have you guys not seen, "Psycho"?

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:33 pm

You know I kinda admire Paul. And I'm pointing a finger at myself when I say this.

The dude just may have a life. Every once in a while this Comedy Show crosses his mind. And when he's totally bored, he checks in and comes up with a one line quip for each thread.

And the more you think about it, what's the chances the only time we really hear from him is when he forgets reading material while taking a crap?

You gotta admit. What is a more apropos read while taking a crap than perusing Buzzboard.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:52 am

At least it wasn't a shopping cart full of ice cream :wink:
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:30 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:02 pm
ZenithCKLW wrote:
Did he cut his right hand off recently?

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:31 am

ZenithCKLW wrote:
G G was the best user ever on the buzzboard.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic