Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Parking

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 9015

Re: Parking

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:42 pm

I was in a faux-mass shooter situation six months ago. No joke!

We were in the food court at great lakes crossing having lunch by the Kerby's and all the sudden this absolute wave of humanity came running. People were screaming. At first I thought some tiktoker who is popular or something must have been there, but then people were shouting GUN GUN!!!! We got up and luckily we were by an emergency exit and went running to it. We had parked by Bass Pro Shop because we like to go see the fish when we come in, so our car was nearby. Already, it looked like the silverdome parking lot back in the day. Totally choked. You can run, run, run out to your car, but it doesn't matter how you pull in, if everyone is leaving at the same time, no one is leaving at the same time.

This is the news report actually!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifYnVQBBWXQ

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:21 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:58 pm
Bryce wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:13 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:23 pm
Bryce wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:50 pm
Either backing in, or pulling forward to face out in larger lots, is safer for you and your family. In the case of a possible attack, a threatening situation or even a mass shooting situation, it is much quicker to escape to safety if you don't have to back out first.
In a mass shooting situation, a bullet is faster than any driving done.

I go front in unless it is a corner spot.
The idea is to get the hell out of there BEFORE you become a target. Backing out takes longer and hence increases your chances of becoming a target.

Side note. No part of your car, unless armored, will stop a bullet except the engine block.
You’re incredibly likely to run yourself into something in a mass panic situation. Making a break for it in a car seems risky. You and several of your fellow driving fools will be attempting to beat it at once… Diving under your car and playing dead seems safer. The perp isn’t gonna look under cars for people.
Sigh, it gets awfully tiresome having to explain things to you. Oh fuck, it's just not worth it. Screw it.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:48 am

Round Six wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:36 pm
I myself would rather back out of a spot, instead of backing in. I will like others have said drive a bit further and find a spot where I can pull through and face out.

Since we're on the topic of parking, let me ask how many others do what I do at a gas station. I will park at the pump even when I'm not getting gas. Instead of having to back out of a spot in front of the station, I can pull forward to leave.
That's a dick move.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:18 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:21 am
Rate This wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:58 pm
Bryce wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:13 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:23 pm
Bryce wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:50 pm
Either backing in, or pulling forward to face out in larger lots, is safer for you and your family. In the case of a possible attack, a threatening situation or even a mass shooting situation, it is much quicker to escape to safety if you don't have to back out first.
In a mass shooting situation, a bullet is faster than any driving done.

I go front in unless it is a corner spot.
The idea is to get the hell out of there BEFORE you become a target. Backing out takes longer and hence increases your chances of becoming a target.

Side note. No part of your car, unless armored, will stop a bullet except the engine block.
You’re incredibly likely to run yourself into something in a mass panic situation. Making a break for it in a car seems risky. You and several of your fellow driving fools will be attempting to beat it at once… Diving under your car and playing dead seems safer. The perp isn’t gonna look under cars for people.
Sigh, it gets awfully tiresome having to explain things to you. Oh fuck, it's just not worth it. Screw it.
You get in complete gridlock with all the other cars trying to get out and the guy just walks by and opens fire on all of you with some sort of semi-automatic weapon that will fire 50 bullets at you before you can even get down. At least if you’re hiding somewhere you have a chance. By everyone getting in their cars at once and fleeing you’ve possibly killed a bunch of people.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:47 pm

Is there seriously an argument on how to fucking PARK?! This site never ceases to amaze me.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:35 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:47 pm
Is there seriously an argument on how to fucking PARK?! This site never ceases to amaze me.
Myself, I thought it was an interesting discussion. Is it easier to back into, or out of a spot? Until Bryce decided to make it a confabulation about active shooters.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:09 am

Round Six wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:35 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Myself, I thought it was an interesting discussion. Is it easier to back into, or out of a spot? Until Bryce decided to make it a confabulation about active shooters.
Well, excuse me for sharing solid protection training advice.

Answer this, if you see someone coming toward you with a gun or a knife ,while seated in your car, or about to get in, would you rather have to back out of the spot or exit straight forward?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 16144

Post by Deleted User 16144 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:19 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mega Hertz, This board is unbelievably amazing. 1662 pages of Ron Cameron hilarious.
Last edited by Deleted User 16144 on Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:05 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:09 am
Round Six wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

Answer this, if you see someone coming toward you with a gun or a knife ,while seated in your car, or about to get in, would you rather have to back out of the spot or exit straight forward?
Either way my doors are locked and I’m trying to run the fucker over.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:57 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:09 am
Round Six wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

Who cares? Why did you go anal over a simple question?

Is it easier to back out of a parking spot, or back into a parking spot. That's the question. Nothing to do with terrorists parachuting into the parking lot of the Piggly Wiggly.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

kager

Post by kager » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:22 pm

Round Six wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:57 pm

Who cares? Why did you go anal over a simple question?
No one went anal. Someone gave a logical answer, almost like a page out of "Worst Case Scenario"...
Round Six wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:57 pm
Is it easier to back out of a parking spot, or back into a parking spot. That's the question.
Care to change your question, Mr. Park At The Pump?
Caliber wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:05 am
When parking your vehicle, do you prefer to head in or do you prefer to back in? I prefer head in.
Finally...
Mega Hertz wrote:
TT's not here, man. Someone's got to be his surrogate and ask these types of questions.

Same person even started a thread called, "Self Checkout"...
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:42 pm

https://www.usafireprotectioninc.com/wh ... -is-safer/
Driver safety does not stop in the parking lot. In fact, drivers should be even more vigilant of their surroundings while operating their vehicle in a parking lot. Following parking safety strategies and reverse parking into your space could potentially save lives

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:01 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:42 pm
https://www.usafireprotectioninc.com/wh ... -is-safer/
Driver safety does not stop in the parking lot. In fact, drivers should be even more vigilant of their surroundings while operating their vehicle in a parking lot. Following parking safety strategies and reverse parking into your space could potentially save lives
I have a certain amount of satisfaction knowing that you live your life in such fear. You have a much greater chance of being killed driving home from the store that being assaulted.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:21 pm

Given the crime rate in the greater traverse City area you are probably correct. Maybe not so true if you live and shop in Highland Park or Inkster..

You can never plan for what's going to happen. You can only be prepared for what can.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:31 pm

Usually when I am using a parking lot, it is because I am shopping. I like to pull into my space facing forward. That way, I have easy access to the hatch.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic