Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Marijuana linked to stroke, heart failure, heart attack

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Chrocket87

Marijuana linked to stroke, heart failure, heart attack

Post by Chrocket87 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:02 pm

https://newsroom.heart.org/news/marijua ... rt-failure

So, daily marijuana use may lead to a 34% increase in the risk of heart failure (up 27% in those with coronary artery disease, kind of a perplexing finding there). Seeing as the risks associated with marijuana just keep adding up, will people reconsider using it, as many have with tobacco?

Round Six

Re: Marijuana linked to stroke, heart failure, heart attack

Post by Round Six » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:44 pm

Seems to me it makes sense. You're inhaling smoke. Whether it's from cigarettes, marijuana or taking a deep breath while standing over a campfire, it's something that is detrimental to your health.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:29 pm

Just get a gummy.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:13 am

My collective harvested a bunch of plants last month. We rarely keep the flower anymore, it all goes to edibles these days.

By Christmas we will be handing out mason jars of (apparently heart healthy) treats.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

tc

Post by tc » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:32 pm

As with many things consumed that are enjoyable, daily use is not a good idea. I haven’t smoked in a while, but if I do I’ll certainly avoid making it a daily habit. In my experience, weed on a daily basis just kind of put me in a fog; the high from occasional use is much more enjoyable.
Last edited by tc on Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:32 pm

Excellent points...too much of anything is bad. Look at my waistline. Triple chocolate ice cream, bought and paid for.

There are also legal concerns; state laws are a literal patchwork quilt of go / no-go as regards possession and use, and an innocent trip from Michigan to Florida with your meds or stash could cause big problems.

Another downside is the fact that Federal law, other than the Farm Act, is generally unchanged and considers use or possession a crime. I get that it helps some medical conditions, and that it's also enjoyable, but if you hold or want to hold any position that requires a federal clearance, or if you want to purchase a firearm (see question 11 on the 4473) it's a problem. Lying on the 4473 is a big problem too.

Federal law should change, but don't hold your breath.
The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:25 pm

There are also legal concerns; state laws are a literal patchwork quilt of go / no-go as regards possession and use, and an innocent trip from Michigan to Florida with your meds or stash could cause big problems.
When my kid worked for NORML in DC, he lead an extensive nationwide county by county survey of Sheriff Departments. There is only one state in the nation that will arrest you for a user quantity of Marijuana. Avoid Nebraska and you are fine. The biggest threat is confiscation. The TSA dogs don't even screen for pot.
If you want to purchase a firearm (see question 11 on the 4473) it's a problem. Lying on the 4473 is a big problem too.
Do you honestly think this country consumes as much pot as it does and all firearm owners abstain?

Do some investigating into how laws are often never enforced.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:42 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:29 pm
Just get a gummy.
I tried to but your mom is booked out to next Tuesday.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:40 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:42 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Just get a gummy.
So that's what she's been up to? I haven't spoken to her in almost 4 years so thanks for keeping me updated.
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:57 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:40 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Just get a gummy.
So that's what she's been up to? I haven't spoken to her in almost 4 years so thanks for keeping me updated.
About 275

I have literally no standards

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:58 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:57 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:40 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Just get a gummy.
About 275

I have literally no standards
In the 12 years we've shot the shit back and forth here, I am legitimately shocked that you have no standards. Completely blown away.
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 16093

Post by Deleted User 16093 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:07 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic