Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why Do I Have a Black Eye?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Why Do I Have a Black Eye?

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:11 pm

I look like I've been in a fight. I haven't had any trauma or impact to my eye. It just started turning black this morning, and now I have a real shiner. There's no pain or tenderness associated with it

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Honeyman

Re: Why Do I Have a Black Eye?

Post by Honeyman » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:46 pm

Are your sinuses fucked up?
The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:53 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:46 pm
Are your sinuses fucked up?
I don't even know if I have sinuses. I've never noticed any.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:03 am

An unexplained black eye could be caused by a skull fracture. Have you bumped your head and thought nothing of it?
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:21 am

I have heard of people developing a black eye because of recent dental work or from a tooth infection.

Or, you wife may have punched you in your sleep?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:19 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:21 am

Or, you wife may have punched you in your sleep?
Maybe I talked in my sleep.

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:40 am

I never cease to be amazed by abject stupidity of seeking medical advice on social media, particularly media that has an unrelated and narrow interest. Further, the original poster scores a second point on the Darwin scale by joking about it.

Go see a doctor and stop bothering us with another round of your clickbait.
The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:52 am

"I don't even know if I have sinuses. I've never noticed any." I am hoping this is humor.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:08 am

Plate Cap wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:40 am
I never cease to be amazed by abject stupidity of seeking medical advice on social media, particularly media that has an unrelated and narrow interest. Further, the original poster scores a second point on the Darwin scale by joking about it.

Why the vitriol? Every time I post anything you attack me for it. I think we need to have a beer together.

I wasn't exactly seeking medical advice. This isn't a medical problem. It's merely a cosmetic condition that made me curious.

Anyway, it now has started to fade. It's just a dull purple colour.
Last edited by Turkeytop on Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:32 pm

Plate Cap wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:40 am

You clicked on it… works like a charm.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:47 pm

I think a couple of ya need to take a chill pill. Plate Cap your right. It's social media.

Turkey just threw out a conversation starter. I'm sure he wasn't seriously seeking medical advice. And some of us threw out thoughts on what it might be. It's called Chatterbox. Laughing and talking back and forth. Breaking each other's balls sometimes.

Lighten up Francis.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

originalzzmfmjock

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:05 pm

Keep on posting Turkey. It's refreshing for me to see posts from somebody who seems to be technically more challenged than I am. But just barely : )

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:20 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:08 am

Why the vitriol? Every time I post anything you attack me for it. I think we need to have a beer together.

I wasn't exactly seeking medical advice. This isn't a medical problem. It's merely a cosmetic condition that made me curious.

Anyway, it now has started to fade. It's just a dull purple colour.
I'm glad you are getting better. It's not a part of the body to mess with.

No, I don't attack every time you post. Some of the things you post are entertaining.

The repetitive role play of not knowing anything or being able to do anything is annoying. Really, on a technically-based forum, the never-ending mantra kinda gets thin. But, since I'm the only one reacting, maybe I'm the only one getting annoyed.

In this case you bring up something that could be potentially quite serious....it could be a hematoma or a hemorrhage, and that near the orbital could permanently affect vision. (This is a sensitive topic to me as someone near and dear to me had a hematoma which caused an ischemic event which damaged the optic nerve. They have a permanent blind spot). With your carefully curated persona of not knowing anything about most things, one wonders if you are actually seeking help.

But then make jokes about not knowing if you have sinuses.

It just seems like clickbait. Quite akin to the kid in the back row making fart noises when the rest of the class is trying to study. I think my points are valid, but so is Six's point. It's "chatterbox". I'll try and do better not taking your apparent reaching out for help seriously in the future.
The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:56 pm

Plate Cap wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:20 pm
... The repetitive role play of not knowing anything or being able to do anything is annoying. Really, on a technically-based forum, the never-ending mantra kinda gets thin. But, since I'm the only one reacting, maybe I'm the only one getting annoyed.

In this case you bring up something that could be potentially quite serious....it could be a hematoma or a hemorrhage, and that near the orbital could permanently affect vision. (This is a sensitive topic to me as someone near and dear to me had a hematoma which caused an ischemic event which damaged the optic nerve. They have a permanent blind spot) ...
I quoted both paragraphs. I believe a hematoma or a hemorrhage would discolor the pupil itself. I did actually think about that before I queried about a possible skull fracture. I actually have the permanent blind spot you are talking about. One day my left eye just went blurry. They scanned my head. There is something on my optic nerve. Since my right eye is fine, they are not going to do anything about it. Worked out for me. Disqualified me from running any mobile equipment or descending stairs. I'm basically a well paid housecat. Never have to leave the planning trailer.

As far as Turkey's technophobic facade, it may not be an act. Turkey was a full time union rep. Where I work, the people that can't fix anything either become a boss or get elected to union office. They have to. The company doesn't have a bid job called Flashlight Holder. And most of our union reps are just that. They couldn't fix even the simple stuff when they were in the gang.
Either go to the hall or get fired.
Last edited by Round Six on Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:04 pm

Maybe he went to punch off the alarm clock in his hotel, missed (because there wasn't one there) and hit himself in the eye.
The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic