Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Drive thru drive off

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Round Six

Drive thru drive off

Post by Round Six » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:47 pm

I did something today and wondered if it was illegal. Ordered food at Burger King. The line was just flat out not moving. Literally 3 or 4 minute wait for the line to move one car. So I got out of line after ordering and before paying.

Illegal or not?

The reason I'm wondering is 'cuz if it was sit down, I'm thinking they would try to charge me if I got up and walked out before the food came to the table.

Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Bobbert

Re: Drive thru drive off

Post by Bobbert » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:15 pm

Round Six wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:47 pm
I did something today and wondered if it was illegal. Ordered food at Burger King. The line was just flat out not moving. Literally 3 or 4 minute wait for the line to move one car. So I got out of line after ordering and before paying.

Illegal or not?

The reason I'm wondering is 'cuz if it was sit down, I'm thinking they would try to charge me if I got up and walked out before the food came to the table.
I don't see any legal problem with walking out on slow service after you've placed a food order, both drive-thru and sitdown. Reasonably quick service is part of what you're buying.

When I've walked out on slow food service in a sitdown restaurant after being served a drink, I've always left enough money on the table to cover the drink and a small tip.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic