Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Guys going to showers

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Round Six

Guys going to showers

Post by Round Six » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:18 am

We've been having a friendly debate the last few years and thought I'd share it with you.

Growing up in my family, males never went to baby and wedding showers. Even the dad or prospective groom didn't go. And there was never some alternative activity planned out for the guys while the ladies were at the shower.

My wife's side apparently is just the opposite. It's couples all the way, with kids in tow. Let's just say marriages on my wife's side of the family is a two ring ceremony. One on his finger, and one in his nose.

Anyways. To the guys here. Do you go to showers? If you don't go, does the wife give you any grief? If you do go, is it willingly, or just taking the path of least resistance?

Thanks

Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Turkeytop

Re: Guys going to showers

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:51 am

Round Six wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:18 am

Anyways. To the guys here. Do you go to showers? If you don't go, does the wife give you any grief? If you do go, is it willingly, or just taking the path of least resistance?

Thanks

No and no.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:56 am

I have no involvement with anybody else's showers, and there is no pushback against that.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:03 am

This might be an age thing here.....how old are you Round? I'm an old fuck, in my mid-60s, so none of my circle are getting married, much less having babies. When I was of that age however, I would not consider attending any type of shower. Hell, I barely washed myself during certain years.
The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:18 am

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:03 am
This might be an age thing here.....how old are you Round? I'm an old fuck, in my mid-60s, so none of my circle are getting married, much less having babies. When I was of that age however, I would not consider attending any type of shower. Hell, I barely washed myself during certain years.
When we were that age, men would not have been welcome at a shower and we were never invited

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:45 am

In my part of the world men are expected to make an appearance of sorts at a bridal shower, for the obvious reason of being looked over, then graciously disappear. It was too long ago for me to remember; the Earth was still cooling.
The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:51 am

I thought this was going to be about some sort of sports locker room thing or those rest stop showers at like Flying J or Love's.

That sounds incredibly boring and pretty weird. I wouldn't go to anything like that. I know my sister-in-law's husband did, but he's been thoroughly emasculated by her.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:16 pm

At my daughter's bridal shower, the groom, father of the groom, grandfather's and any gentlemen who's wives were in from out of town were invited and attended.

I bartended for the ladies with six different types of mimosas. Went through five cases of champagne. The venue manager said he'd never seen so much champagne consumed at a shower. A good time was had by all.

I snuck in a bottle of Woodford Reserve for the gents.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:27 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:51 am
I thought this was going to be about some sort of sports locker room thing or those rest stop showers at like Flying J or Love's.
Same here. My nomination for Ambiguous Topic Title of the Year.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:30 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:27 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Hmmmm, better rethink my weeding thread, "Guys whacking".
The censorship king from out of state.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:51 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:30 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:27 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Hmmmm, better rethink my weeding thread, "Guys whacking".
I was going to do a thread on the Detroit alternative to "going Krogering" in the 20th century, but I don't think that would turn out too well, considering what the main grocery store chain was back in those days.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:23 pm

So, do men go to Tuppereware parties now too?

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:26 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:51 pm
If the women were giving each other golden showers, I might go to watch.
I prefer my ladies diapered.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:05 pm

Sorry for being nominated for Ambiguous Topic Title of the Year.

I got to thinking more about this. My wife's family has a couple of guys that are always whining they can't get nothing done around the house because of the ol' lady and kids always needing something. Yet both will follow the rest of the household to every little kid's birthday party. Even the ones for some munchkin their kid goes to school with.

I think I kind of pissed one of them off when I suggested he runs his wife and kids off to the party, stay home and knock out a project or two.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:18 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:18 am
Honeyman wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:03 am
When we were that age, men would not have been welcome at a shower and we were never invited
Amen
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic