Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Drag Queens

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Drag Queens

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:39 pm

So what's up with drag queens lately? I suppose they have a right to dress and carry on any way they want. It doesn't bother me at all.

But now there seems to be a movement afoot to make drag queenery a form of mainstrem entertainment. It isn't something I would find entertaining. It would creep me out.

In St Petersburg FL there is a restaurant where all the wait staff are drag queens. Every year a group of our neighbours there go out to the place for a meal. They all say it's hilarious. They always say we should go with them. Yuk.

Another curious thing is that the drag queens now seem to have made it their mission to read to kids. I suppose that's OK. Kids like to be read to. But what kind of reasoning is it that Drag and story time just naturally go together?

One more thing that puzzles me is why some people object to these readings on moral grounds rather than just on their lack of artistic merit. Some places have gone so far as to outlaw it.

I just don't get it. I must be behind the times.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Re: Drag Queens

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:00 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:39 pm
So what's up with drag queens lately? I suppose they have a right to dress and carry on any way they want. It doesn't bother me at all.

But now there seems to be a movement afoot to make drag queenery a form of mainstrem entertainment. It isn't something I would find entertaining. It would creep me out.

In St Petersburg FL there is a restaurant where all the wait staff are drag queens. Every year a group of our neighbours there go out to the place for a meal. They all say it's hilarious. They always say we should go with them. Yuk.

Another curious thing is that the drag queens now seem to have made it their mission to read to kids. I suppose that's OK. Kids like to be read to. But what kind of reasoning is it that Drag and story time just naturally go together?

One more thing that puzzles me is why some people object to these readings on moral grounds rather than just on their lack of artistic merit. Some places have gone so far as to outlaw it.

I just don't get it. I must be behind the times.
They are probably trying to get the kids used to the idea those people exist so they are not freaked out and bigoted as adults about it.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:20 pm

Its extremely creepy that they want so much access to children, especially when this is how it ends.

Why are these sexual predators grooming children to dance for money at a bar?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:35 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:20 pm
Its extremely creepy that they want so much access to children, especially when this is how it ends.

I think I like my explanation better...

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:40 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:35 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:20 pm

I think I like my explanation better...
I think that it’s Column A and Column B. But not enough is being done to protect children, obviously, and there are several other examples of this disgusting behavior.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:50 pm

I would expect that most of them aren't predators. Their performances might be entertaining to other drag queens but it isn't something I want to see.

If I want to see people dressed like women, I'll just look at real women.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:02 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:50 pm
I would expect that most of them aren't predators. Their performances might be entertaining to other drag queens but it isn't something I want to see.

IIRC about half of the trannies in jail are sex offenders in Canada, same with the UK, so I’m sure most aren’t sex offenders but there appears to be a greater likelihood that they will diddle a kid. Why risk it? Social acceptance is good enough why should we put our kids at heightened risk of victimization??

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:49 am

I attended a Drag Brunch last fall in Nashville. Anyone who feels threaded must seriously evaluate their value as a human. These are people looking to entertain us and express themselves. No different than bikers or cowboys.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:17 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:49 am
I attended a Drag Brunch last fall in Nashville. Anyone who feels threaded must seriously evaluate their value as a human. These are people looking to entertain us and express themselves. No different than bikers or cowboys.
Well, I don't find bikers cowboys or drag queens to be entertaining. Especially bikers.

AndyD

Post by AndyD » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:15 am

I know many drag queens and I don't know a single one that likes kids/wants to spend any time around them. In fact, most actively dislike kids. More often than not, "Drag Queen Story Hour" is a thing straight parents are organizing.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:29 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:00 pm
They are probably trying to get the kids used to the idea those people exist so they are not freaked out and bigoted as adults about it.
I suspect you are generally correct about their motives. But as to bigotry specifically, TT makes a good point:
Turkeytop wrote:
Their performances might be entertaining to other drag queens but it isn't something I want to see.

I would guess that most straight men have the same reaction, whether they will admit to it out loud or not. My first reaction when I see somebody like that is that they look like a freak. That has nothing to do with bigotry but rather biology and sexual attraction. I think it is natural to be repulsed - it is just the way the human brain is wired.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:35 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:29 am
Rate This wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:00 pm
I suspect you are generally correct about their motives. But as to bigotry specifically, TT makes a good point:
Turkeytop wrote:
Their performances might be entertaining to other drag queens but it isn't something I want to see.

I would guess that most straight men have the same reaction, whether they will admit to it out loud or not. My first reaction when I see somebody like that is that they look like a freak. That has nothing to do with bigotry but rather biology and sexual attraction. I think it is natural to be repulsed - it is just the way the human brain is wired.
Precisely…. The primal explanation might be something along the lines of effecting the survival of the species by removing yourself from the gene pool = bad. So it’s probably an instinctual hard wiring.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:58 am

A restaurant can have an employee uniform. But if they told me I had to go to work dressed as a woman, I wouldn't take the job.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:01 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:58 am
A restaurant can have an employee uniform. But if they told me I had to go to work dressed as a woman, I wouldn't take the job.
No doubt we should thank you for that.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:11 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:58 am
Well, THAT'S a mental image I don't need this morning... :lol
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic