Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Drag Queens

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Drag Queens

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:15 am

This summer there has been a group of Drag Queens performing at one of the City's parks each week. It isn't the kind of entertainment that appeals to me. I think it's creepy. That's why I don't go to it.

But there are some people who go to it every week just to protest against it. I don't get it. What's their point. If they don't like it, just stay away.

It would be like me protesting in front of the Church every Sunday because I'm an atheist. Or protesting in front of the hockey arena because I'm not a hockey fan.

What am I missing here?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 9015

Re: Drag Queens

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:59 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:15 am
This summer there has been a group of Drag Queens performing at one of the City's parks each week. It isn't the kind of entertainment that appeals to me. I think it's creepy. That's why I don't go to it.

But there are some people who go to it every week just to protest against it. I don't get it. What's their point. If they don't like it, just stay away.

It would be like me protesting in front of the Church every Sunday because I'm an atheist. Or protesting in front of the hockey arena because I'm not a hockey fan.

What am I missing here?
The difference is that you aren't secretly beating off to the Bible (even though some of the most vile sex acts possible are detailed in that detestable book).

They show up to protest so they can get a glimpse of what's out there. Those protesters are the kinda guys with grindr accounts who say "dl pt cd iso ts/tv/tg. bbc+++++" They're pent-up because no one will message them back because they don't have a profile picture. I think something like 40% of the 40+ people on those apps are married.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:58 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:15 am
... there are some people who go to it every week just to protest against it. I don't get it. What's their point. If they don't like it, just stay away ....
A bigger question is how much is the protesting drawing attention to the drag queens.
Let me guess your local media is covering the controversy.
This is what tickles me about boycotts. If it wasn't for the boycott, no one would of heard about what's being boycotted?
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:20 am

Round Six wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:58 am

A bigger question is how much is the protesting drawing attention to the drag queens.
This is what tickles me about boycotts. If it wasn't for the boycott, no one would of heard about what's being boycotted?
Just because I don't attend, that doesn't mean I'm boycotting it. Just as I'm not boycotting the church, hockey match or fitness clubs I don't attend. My failure to attend isn't a political statement. I just have better things to do.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:15 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:20 am
Round Six wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:58 am

Just because I don't attend, that doesn't mean I'm boycotting it. Just as I'm not boycotting the church, hockey match or fitness clubs I don't attend. My failure to attend isn't a political statement. I just have better things to do.
The point I'm making is how did YOU hear about it?
How many would know about Drag Queens at the park if there was no protesting.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:20 pm

Let them perform all they want. Let them protest all they want. It doesn't effect me. I just don't unerstand any of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic