Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

An Automotive Question

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
teetoppz28

Re: An Automotive Question

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:40 am

audiophile wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:28 am
teetoppz28 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:52 am
My '06 GTO with the LS2 had the Deceleration Fuel Cut-Off (DFCO) and with my aftermarket race exhaust, every time I'd press the clutch in, DFCO would kick in, causing pops and crackles, kinda resembling back-firing. Did get a bit annoying, especially late nights when driving through my neighborhood. That exhaust was amazing, I loved always setting off my coworkers' car alarms in the parking garage! 8)
If it was cut off the fuel, not sure why it would crack or pop.

No fuel, no pop.

Are you sure it wasn't spark cutoff?
It's been many years since I've owned that car, but if I recall, it was related to the DFCO causing a lean condition misfire. I could be wrong on that, however.

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:14 am

it's unburnt fuel getting into the exhaust and igniting there as opposed to getting fired off by the spark plugs in the cylinder.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:59 pm

A lean misfire could cause crackles if the DFCO tapered the fuel delivery slowly and it found a red-hot surface to ignite in (convertor).

Spark cutoff it would be lot more likely to happen!
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic