Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What Am I Doing Wrong?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

What Am I Doing Wrong?

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:47 pm

I'm changing the BBQ tank and having the same problem I always have. When I'm screwing the connector on it feels like it isn't threading on straight. When I finally get it as tight as it will go, it isn't a proper connection and I don't get any gas flow. Am i just a klutz?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Circle Seven

Re: What Am I Doing Wrong?

Post by Circle Seven » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:05 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:47 pm
I'm changing the BBQ tank and having the same problem I always have. When I'm screwing the connector on it feels like it isn't threading on straight. When I finally get it as tight as it will go, it isn't a proper connection and I don't get any gas flow. Am i just a klutz?
I already know where you're going with this.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:12 pm

Circle Seven wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:05 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
I'm not going anywhere with this. Just hoping to get some pointers.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:51 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:12 pm
Circle Seven wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:05 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
I'm not going anywhere with this. Just hoping to get some pointers.
Isn't there a union member you could pay to help you, at union rates?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:07 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:51 pm

Isn't there a union member you could pay to help you, at union rates?
I was hoping that someone here had already experienced this issue and could tell me their solution.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:22 pm

Turns out I had a bad tank. Something wrong with the valve. Took it back to where I bought it and they gave me another.

kager

Post by kager » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:20 pm

I always twist (not rip) off the blue plastic cover of the one they give me before leaving the exchange store and perform a visual inspection... Twice I've been bitten by a missing or faulty / mis-seated or cracked little black "O"-ring inside the tank-side connector.

In both cases when I connected to the grill, gas was flowing alright - leaking - when I opened the valve. Right back to the store.

This was at a Walgreens where I don't think they get alot of propane exchanges, and maybe things just go bad after sitting too long. IDK, but I get mine elsewhere now.
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:30 pm

kager wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:20 pm
I always twist (not rip) off the blue plastic cover of the one they give me before leaving the exchange store and perform a visual inspection... Twice I've been bitten by a missing or faulty / mis-seated or cracked little black "O"-ring inside the tank-side connector.

In both cases when I connected to the grill, gas was flowing alright - leaking - when I opened the valve. Right back to the store.

This was at a Walgreens where I don't think they get alot of propane exchanges, and maybe things just go bad after sitting too long. IDK, but I get mine elsewhere now.
I go to a place that actually fills the tank I bring in. One, I don't get a garbage tank and two, they fill the tank with more propane at a lower price. I use three tanks on a regular basis so that adds up.

Check the thread on the inside of your female end. Most are plastic these days and the thread can get gouged. On the other hand, your female end may now be self identifying as a male end and that's causing your problem
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:55 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:30 pm
kager wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:20 pm

I go to a place that actually fills the tank I bring in. One, I don't get a garbage tank and two, they fill the tank with more propane at a lower price. I use three tanks on a regular basis so that adds up.

Check the thread on the inside of your female end. Most are plastic these days and the thread can get gouged. On the other hand, your female end may now be self identifying as a male end and that's causing your problem
:rollin
The censorship king from out of state.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:04 am

:lol
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:43 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
When I'm screwing...it feels like it isn't...straight. When I finally get it...tight...I don't get any. Am i just a klutz?
Sounds like a personal problem.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:36 am

I want to apologize to Turkeytop.
When I read his opening post to this thread, I thought this was going to be another jerk your chain. Something along the lines of:

" ... I've had this bbq grill with the same tank for 30 years. What's with this new fangled fitting on the replacement tank I just bought? ...,".

I apologize Turkeytop.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:23 am

Do you have gas in the tank?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic