Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Win Schuler's

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Bryce

Re: Win Schuler's

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:29 pm

Synergy.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:42 am

Graham Wellington wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:22 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:19 pm
Never heard of it. Must be a middle class thing.
Big time middle class. As a middle class 1%er, I used to frequent it often, along with other top notch dining establishments such as Applebee's and the KFC buffet. Once in a while I would take my neighbor there, who was a card carrying member of the working class. I felt bad though, he seemed a little down seeing how us middle classers lived compared to him. I would console him by patting him on the head and buying a tub of cheese that he could take home to the family.
Gotta be honest, i can't stand Applebees/Chili's/etc. anymore. its bland and you can blatantly see where the corners are cut. Its just blah. I would rather go to McDonalds or Burger King than those places. The Big Mac and the Whopper are some good shit, but the garbage they throw down at those chain restaurants is nasty as hell. We went to that Wahlburgers place this weekend because we were in the plaza its in and frankly I had to get some food in me, I was starving. The most bland burger I ever had. I could have waited 5 more minutes and went to the Redcoat Tavern and had a great burger. Fuck me.

That said, there are still nice places to sit down and have a meal in the Metro Detroit area, even though several have closed in the last decade, especially the last few years. You have places like The Whitney, where its just fantastic, but there are also decent, less pricey places where you will get what you pay for. My wife and I really enjoy this small family diner just north of downtown Rochester. It's nothing special, but they don't disappoint. Also in the area is a small sandwich shop that's always put a smile on my face on Auburn between Dequindre and John R.

I just don't get how people can go into these chain restaurants anymore. All they do is heat up garbage.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:26 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:42 am
Graham Wellington wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:
Big time middle class. As a middle class 1%er, I used to frequent it often, along with other top notch dining establishments such as Applebee's and the KFC buffet. Once in a while I would take my neighbor there, who was a card carrying member of the working class. I felt bad though, he seemed a little down seeing how us middle classers lived compared to him. I would console him by patting him on the head and buying a tub of cheese that he could take home to the family.
Gotta be honest, i can't stand Applebees/Chili's/etc. anymore. its bland and you can blatantly see where the corners are cut. Its just blah. I would rather go to McDonalds or Burger King than those places. The Big Mac and the Whopper are some good shit, but the garbage they throw down at those chain restaurants is nasty as hell. We went to that Wahlburgers place this weekend because we were in the plaza its in and frankly I had to get some food in me, I was starving. The most bland burger I ever had. I could have waited 5 more minutes and went to the Redcoat Tavern and had a great burger. Fuck me.

That said, there are still nice places to sit down and have a meal in the Metro Detroit area, even though several have closed in the last decade, especially the last few years. You have places like The Whitney, where its just fantastic, but there are also decent, less pricey places where you will get what you pay for. My wife and I really enjoy this small family diner just north of downtown Rochester. It's nothing special, but they don't disappoint. Also in the area is a small sandwich shop that's always put a smile on my face on Auburn between Dequindre and John R.

I just don't get how people can go into these chain restaurants anymore. All they do is heat up garbage.
Applebees is hot garbage.

BTW, I really like Bucharest Grill, and I heard they are just north of Redcoat Tavern now.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:35 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:26 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

Applebees is hot garbage.

BTW, I really like Bucharest Grill, and I heard they are just north of Redcoat Tavern now.
I remember when they were doing all you can eat riblets. I thought I would give it a try because I love ribs. It tasted like flavorless beef jerky soaked in shitty bbq sauce.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:38 pm

Applebee's was on my original list of places not to go back to. And I haven't
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:14 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
You have places like The Whitney, where its just fantastic,
The Whitney is a mere shadow of it's former self. 25 years ago it was a spectacular fine dining experience. Today, not so much. But I do still enjoy a cocktail or two at the Ghost Bar when in the area.

For a dining "experience" please try Mabel Gray.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:28 pm

I had dinner at 'She Wolf' last week. Best meal in 4 years, but no bar cheese. Amazing.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:52 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:28 pm
I had dinner at 'She Wolf' last week. Best meal in 4 years, but no bar cheese. Amazing.
I can understand why a pretentious individual like yourself would overlook the non authentic Italian food and like this place. Were you able to out snob your server?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:52 pm

By the way, a mac and cheese side at Applebees is the same as the Chili's frozen mac and cheese at the grocery store.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:50 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:14 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
You have places like The Whitney, where its just fantastic,
The Whitney is a mere shadow of it's former self. 25 years ago it was a spectacular fine dining experience. Today, not so much. But I do still enjoy a cocktail or two at the Ghost Bar when in the area.

For a dining "experience" please try Mabel Gray.
I waffle on trying it. I've heard good and bad, the main thing is not really knowing what you're gonna get. I like The Whitney because they do a pretty good Beef Wellington and my wife is happy with whatever seafood options they have going on at the time. I also like that the piano player will actually play Mario Brothers music, even waterworld.

So I went to look at the Yelp! Reviews for MG
Wow! I snagged a reservation for the 8 course vegan Thanksgiving menu for my sister's birthday and we were all seriously impressed! Everything was beautifully plated and had unexpected flavor combinations. Service was fantastic. Will definitely be back!
lol

That's not selling me, but I am willing to give it a shot. We did our monthly payouts and I like to treat myself. I was looking at different options, I am game to try this, Bryce knows his food! Will report back.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:46 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Also in the area is a small sandwich shop that's always put a smile on my face on Auburn between Dequindre and John R.
Chadd's Bistro! So glad they survived Covid with their carry-out business. It's been too long, I need to get back.
Wellllll... la de frickin da

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:50 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:46 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Also in the area is a small sandwich shop that's always put a smile on my face on Auburn between Dequindre and John R.
Chadd's Bistro! So glad they survived Covid with their carry-out business. It's been too long, I need to get back.
Hell yeah, dude! Their sandwiches are awesome. I love the Elvis Impersonator.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:22 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:50 pm
the main thing is not really knowing what you're gonna get.
That's one of the things about it I really like. A new culinary adventure every time you visit. Do the tasting menu, you'll be thrilled.

PS, I'll share my Beef Wellington recipe with you if you like.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:28 am

Bryce wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:52 pm
TC Talks wrote:
I can understand why a pretentious individual like yourself would overlook the non authentic Italian food and like this place. Were you able to out snob your server?
Servers, we had two dedicated servers and we got along just fine.

We hit Willis Showbar after, and Ghost Bar...

I also hit Hunter House on Sunday and visited with Archie's daughter for a while.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:41 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:28 am
Bryce wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:52 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Servers, we had two dedicated servers and we got along just fine.

We hit Willis Showbar after, and Ghost Bar...

I also hit Hunter House on Sunday and visited with Archie's daughter for a while.
I miss Hunter House in Ann Arbor. Although it was overpriced, the cheeseburger and tater tots always hit when you were in the mood to eat like garbage. Detroit Cookie Company has been a solid replacement though.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic