Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Alec Baldwin shoots and kills a 42-year old woman

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
TC Talks

Re: Alec Baldwin shoots and kills a 42-year old woman

Post by TC Talks » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:39 pm

Round Six wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:09 pm
km1125 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:50 pm
Poor girl was a scape-goat for Hollywood.

Not saying she didn't have any culpability or doesn't deserve the sentence, but to put ALL the focus on her while the actual SHOOTER is still partying around town shows you where the real priorities lie.
I have to agree with TC Talks. Baldwin rightfully expected he was holding a prop gun incapable of causing any harm.

Does the film industry in general have some culpability here? Fair question.
Like I said 3 post ago, in this day and age of CGI, there is no need for live rounds anywhere near a filming.
That certainly is a great perspective. Too bad the director didn't make that decision.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:44 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:46 pm
BMW,

If an auto mechanic is grossly negligent by not bolting up a part correctly and you get in an accident which kills someone, does a prosecutor go after you? No

This was an accident, and Baldwin was free of malice. He fired that prop as it was designed to be used. Even the 26 year old armorer did not intentionally cause this accident, but it was her wrecklessness. She isn't a scapegoat she was the responsible party hired to ensure the safe handling of the props.

As to your batshit crazy idea that this relates to Donald "91 Indictments" Trump, his actions seem to be deliberate in every case. He chose to conceal documents and refused to cooperate, he chose to incite a riot with his speech, he chose to mislead lenders with his financial records, he chose to repeatedly harass that women. Baldwin did not choose to harm the director. See the difference? It's called "Malice".

Consider taking a community college level criminal justice class.
There is no "the" for responsible person(s) in this case. EVERYONE that handled that firearm has some culpability in the case. Look at the SAG guidelines which have been around for YEARS on how they address the issue. Baldwin also has more responsibility than the average actor because of his executive role in the movie and senior role on site.

And this was not a "prop gun". This was a REAL gun that was being used as a prop, and should have been treated like a REAL GUN. If they didn't want to treat it like a REAL GUN, then they should have used a wooden or plastic gun incapable of firing projectiles.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:12 pm

They'll probably let Alec Baldwin off scot free because he is a big Democrat supporter.

Can you imagine if this was Mel Gibson or another Republican supporter? They'd be saying "try him and fry him".

This case has little to do with who's most culpable. Our legal and justice system has twisted the law into a pretzel to justify it's position. I don't think anyone here knows enough about the law to interpret it in this case, except what they are told by the media.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:19 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:12 pm
They'll probably let Alec Baldwin off scot free because he is a big Democrat supporter.

Can you imagine if this was Mel Gibson or another Republican supporter? They'd be saying "try him and fry him".

This case has little to do with who's most culpable. Our legal and justice system has twisted the law into a pretzel to justify it's position. I don't think anyone here knows enough about the law to interpret it in this case, except what they are told by the media.
That pressure on your head is the tinfoil being too tight FYI...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:23 pm

I blame a lack of education for the ignorance but you might be on to something RT.
In modern terms, an armourer is a member of a military or police force who works in an armoury and maintains and repairs small arms and weapons systems, with some duties resembling those of a civilian gunsmith. The term may also be used in film and TV production for a person responsible for prop guns and other weapons; the head of this function is often called a weapons master.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:31 pm

Stupid comments from graduates who have BA Majors in Saul Alinsky.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:51 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:31 pm
Sick burn.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:01 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Boy you sure do give a lot of attention to a guy who nobody is familiar with, nobody read the writings of and guides literally nothing…

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:42 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:51 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
Sick burn.
He nailed me, I'm a 1940's commie. That's what they teach in Broadcast Management and J school these days.
― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:43 am

18 years...

― Noam Chomsky

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:47 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:43 am
18 years...

No. 18 months.
The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:48 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:47 am
TC Talks wrote:
18 years...

No. 18 months.
Sorry, gotta slow down with the bourbon before lunch...
― Noam Chomsky

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:50 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:48 am
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:47 am
TC Talks wrote:
18 years...

No. 18 months.
Sorry, gotta slow down with the bourbon before lunch...
:lol: Yeah, maybe Bloody Mary's. After noon, everything's on the table.
The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:14 pm

It's been a busy day...

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic