Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump Mentally Ill Big Topic This Week

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Trump Mentally Ill Big Topic This Week

Post by screen glare » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:13 am

And now tonight (8/21) 10pm MSNBC Lawrence O’Donnel’s “The Last Word” show - Trump’s mental illness symptoms addressed by 2 well-experienced psychiatrists who feel their duty to warn is even more urgent than 2 1/2 years ago.

They’d predicted then that his symptoms would only get worse. They have.

Trump’s Mental illness now too obvious to ignore, spin, or excuse. A lot of public (as opposed to private) discussion regarding his “unstable” words, behaviors, “thinking chaos” is apparent across all communication platforms.

Finally - he’s busted by the lay population - instead of just his enabling family, closest associates, and of course alarmed and concerned mental health professionals. They know exactly what they’re observing, and dangerous consequences.

The diehard crowd - comfortable in their propaganda bubble - too proud to acknowledge Trump is unfit for the presidency - will shrink in number as the intensity of his symptoms takes over America’s public discourse.

hanson

Re: Trump Mentally Ill Big Topic This Week

Post by hanson » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:45 pm

Now he thinks he is the chosen one...good grief

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Jeff Dugan wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:52 pm
Liberal Media=BS=Fake News=NBC (not necessarily in any order)
Saying it doesn't make it true. Please document your claim that NBC News falsified a news story and provide evidence. Thanks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:52 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:49 pm
Please document your claim that NBC News falsified a news story and provide evidence. Thanks.
https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/tv/nbc/false/

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:17 pm

It’s not the mistake, Human Mistake Maker.
It’s the correction!

Let’s see those - often offered before the program ends! Or offered the next day. The next night. The next edition.

You are aware that you, me, all HUMANS - make mistakes. So it’s not the mistake - but the correction - which we’ve all seen, heard, read that matters.

Both in scripted and non-scripted communications.

Credibility is the most treasured commodity any real news outlet should carefully endeavor to honor each day.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:44 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:52 pm
Radio Sucks wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:49 pm
Please document your claim that NBC News falsified a news story and provide evidence. Thanks.
https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/tv/nbc/false/
This website highlights things said by "pundits" - opinion hosts or guests - on NBC that were proven not to be true. It includes comments by Joe Scarborough, Rachel Maddow and Dick Chaney. The most recent reference in 2015. The page title is "PunditFact". Pundit are paid to talk and make outrageous claims and they do so on all networks. Here's the same page from the same website for Fox News.

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/tv/fox/false/

The Politifact site is interesting, as it covers statements made by politicians as well.

Barack Obama on Politifact
Donald Trump on Politifact

But, no evidence of any "FAKE NEWS". While this may satisfy you, it doesn't for me. Please provide documentation that NBC News purposely falsified a news story to advance a political position.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:19 am

While this lie was told by a guest to a pundit on MSNBC, multiple requests were made by multiple people to NBC News to issue a correction, but they have thus far refused to do so. Malcolm Nance told Joy Reid on her program in 2016 that Jill Stein had a program on Russia Today when she in fact does not. https://theintercept.com/2018/07/08/msn ... ards-them/ - Glenn Greenwald claims this was purposefully done to make Stein (then a 3rd party candidate) look pro-Russia.

Perhaps a more interesting claim by Glenn Greenwald is that he himself (and others) was outright banned by MSNBC for breaking with the Russia collusion narrative. https://www.nationalreview.com/news/gle ... narrative/ It is hard to say if this is true or what evidence he has to support this, but he made this claim on Tucker Carlson's show and I can find no instance of MSNBC ever addressing/denying it.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:05 pm

I will grant you this Jill Stein story - Glenn Greenwald has little credibility with me, however and I’m not sure I’l buy his claim (without any evidence, as you noted).

However, once again this is a statement by a GUEST on an opinion show. Google “Guests lying on Fox News” and see how many hits you get. If one instance in 2016 is enough to cause you to completely discredit a news organization OK. It does not justify the “Fake News” cry for me.

Today... the President issued a number of threats via social media, and the stock market tanked. Was it cause and effect? I don’t know, but it’s news.. actual things that happened news. NBC (as well as others) reported it. Not fake. And today, The Drudge Report says the same thing. It isn’t fake just because it doesn’t advance your agenda.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:47 am

I don't know why you feel the need to keep bringing Fox News into this conversation.

I wouldn't characterize the likes of CNN and MSNBC necessarily as "fake" news, but I would certainly characterize their presentation of the news of the day, both via their hard news programs and their opinion programs, as being extremely biased as anti-Trump; both organizations go far out of their way to characterize every single aspect of the Trump Presidency and every single day-to-day operation of his administration as bringing our democracy to the brink of catastrophe, despite the ordinary objective metrics that we use to measure how good life is in this country being average at worst and very good at best.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:51 pm

Looney Tunes Trump.

Imagine any other US president saying what Trump says, behaving as Trump does both here and abroad, running the executive branch of government as chaotically as Trump does, after being elected conducting regular Hitlerian-style rallies over four years, ignoring scientific evidence, defending white supremacy organizations, refusing to reveal taxes paid, traumatizing children, refusing to attend the WH correspondent’s dinner and mutual roast, making yourself purposely appear orange with white rings around each eye, not starting your work day until mid morning to noon - endlessly watching TV and never reading what every president must, denegrating war heroes, women, other countries, people from other countries, the disabled, contradicting yourself regularly, encouraging violence, lying with alacrity, calling the free press “the enemy of the American people, obstructing justice many times, maintaining friendship and love relationships with enemy dictators who murder anyone they want, harming our relationships with our NATO partners.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:52 pm

Just a partial list of Trump’s loon icy.

Feel free to add on.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:54 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:47 am
I don't know why you feel the need to keep bringing Fox News into this conversation.

I wouldn't characterize the likes of CNN and MSNBC necessarily as "fake" news, but I would certainly characterize their presentation of the news of the day, both via their hard news programs and their opinion programs, as being extremely biased as anti-Trump; both organizations go far out of their way to characterize every single aspect of the Trump Presidency and every single day-to-day operation of his administration as bringing our democracy to the brink of catastrophe, despite the ordinary objective metrics that we use to measure how good life is in this country being average at worst and very good at best.
I agree, much of what we see on cable news stations today is very "biased" - the same story can be phrased in many different ways on many different channels. But a previous poster wrote -
Liberal Media=BS=Fake News=NBC (not necessarily in any order)
And to this point, postings are about bias in the news, not any specific FAKE news story. I bring up Fox just to compare with other networks - they are all biased in one way or another.

Make your own decisions - gather your own information. I read both the NY Times and the Wall Street Journal, I watch both MSNBC and Fox News. I can see the bias every day. But I worry about those who constantly scream "FAKE" and only see one side of the story. Trying to eliminate independent (meaning not owned by the government) news organizations is right out of the dictator's handbook.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:31 pm

Wow! The talk of Trump being unwell in his brain is really catching hold with his performances both pre and during the G7 summit.

Looks like everything the world has been noticing about his crazed words and behaviors are finally being discussed openly in the press.

What took so long?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:41 pm

So you're not buying that Trump, in 2016, scored a perfect 30 out of 30 on the Montreal Cognitive Assessment test?

I would bet money that Joe Biden wouldn't score a perfect score.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:30 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:41 pm

I would bet money that Joe Biden wouldn't score a perfect score.
Let's see. Randomly sniffs hair, is touchy feely, had two brain aneurysm's along with being a serial kisser. Yeah, Trump is the one with mental illness issues.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic