Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WMMQ

Discussion pertaining to Lansing, Jackson, Owosso, and all areas from Alma to Hillsdale
Mega Hertz

WMMQ

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:43 pm

While taking a short break from Q106 tonight, I decided to tune in to 94.9 for the all-request Saturday night. I generally tune them in during normal dayparts, and initially thought "all request? Yeah, I know what that means...normal programming with one tertiary song per hour". Nope. I was wrong. I wound up staying tuned for quite a while. Heard "Natural Science" by Rush, "Cinnamon Girl" by Neil Young and "Your Time Is Gonna Come" by Zeppelin. Kudos to WMMQ for playing some great cuts!

This is why I'm glad to live where I do and am able to pick up small and medium market stations. Between Q106 and WMMQ, I'd say mid Michigan has some of the best programming (at LEAST) on Saturday nights that I've heard in many, many years. Keep up the good work, guys!

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

EdWalker

Re: WMMQ

Post by EdWalker » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:49 am

Its been a staple of the station since 1985. Indeed something special.

Mega Hertz

Re: WMMQ

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:48 am

Wow, that long? I had no idea! It's only been within the last year or so I've lived in Brighton and been able to reliably pick up the signal. I've seen promos for it on Facebook, but was cynical, especially after working in Detroit radio and thought I knew what "all-request" meant. No, these guys are getting it right. And they are increasingly becoming my first choice for classic rock programming. Sure, you're gonna get the standard war horses, but they tend to mix it up sometimes. And the Saturday night show is the icing.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic