Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Did They Cancel Spring This Year?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Did They Cancel Spring This Year?

Post by Turkeytop » Wed May 29, 2019 1:11 pm

We arrived home from Florida on April 25, a cool, grey day. In the five weeks since then, nothing much has changed. Cool grey and wet, nearly every day. There have been a very few nice days, but never two in a row.

I want to go back to Florida.

There will be little relief from the Tampa Bay area's recent run of searing heat and stifling humidity.

The high pressure that's been firmly in control over the last week will remain intact, producing sticky conditions and highs in the mid-90s that once again will approach record levels, according to the National Weather Service.

Residents are waking up to temperatures mainly in the mid 70s, and Tampa's forecast high of 94 on Wednesday will be just two degrees shy of the record of 96 set in 2006. Bright sunshine, a trace chance of a stray shower, and gentle breezes from the southwest will help fuel that oppressive feel.

Overnight lows will only dip into the mid 70s.

Expect these blazing conditions heading into the weekend, when a stronger onshore flow from the west could produce a slightly higher chance for a pop-up shower starting on Friday.

Bring it on.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

tapeisrolling

Re: Did They Cancel Spring This Year?

Post by tapeisrolling » Wed May 29, 2019 9:56 pm

I heard the reason is the jet stream is stuck just below us in an East to West run not letting the warm air move in. It could be what is saving us from all the really nasty storms that are sliding South of us.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 30, 2019 12:22 am

The much-below-average temperatures are expected to continue in Michigan for AT LEAST the next 2 weeks, though this time around we should at least see more sunshine. Humidity also generally expected to be very low for this time of year.

I don't ever recall a spring quite like this. Easily the coldest May I can ever remember and June isn't looking much better. What makes it worse is that we've been stuck in this pattern since about the 2nd week of October. Once the below normal temps arrived then, they have yet to exit. We're going into our 8th month of below average temps.

kager

Post by kager » Thu May 30, 2019 8:02 am

You can have that dangling participle (or some other body part) known as Florida...

Here in da mitt north of the 45th, it has been cooler than normal. Weather-liars are even saying frost is still a possibility soon.

It's been wetter than normal as well. No real 'red-flag' fire danger warning stretches this May, as have been issued frequently in past years.

I'm not sure regarding their relation to historical data, but the Great & inland lakes water levels around here are up quite a bit (easily 2 feet) over the past two years.

Fruit trees really started to blossom this past week, and leaves on most trees are just now fully out.

Unfortunately, so are the bugs.

The upside to all of this is that - unlike last season - those of us with a brown-thumb have an abundance things to smile about this year...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 30, 2019 8:08 am

Spring has been excellent in Traverse City. All the ugly weather seems to be going under us this year. We always have a frost late in the spring here.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu May 30, 2019 8:17 am

kager wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:02 am

YUM!

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 30, 2019 8:30 am

Bryce wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:17 am
YUM!
We're finding Morels and Asparagus all over our property this week. It's been a great year...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu May 30, 2019 8:57 am

I love morels. Haven't had any for years. When we lived up in one of Ontario's northern Lake Huron counties (near the 45tt) we used to go out picking them every spring. Just gathering them was a fun outing.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic