Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Original HOT MONO 45s

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
CK-722

Original HOT MONO 45s

Post by CK-722 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:49 pm

The WABCRADIO77 YouTube Channel has a lot of these 45s that they put their videos.

What in your opinion constitutes HOT MONO?

PROMO MONO 45s not for sale, for radio stations only?

Fast or short fade outs?

Mixed and equalized to sound good on AM Radio?

Some even edit things like the Alarm Clock in "Daydream Believer" (I would swear there was a hot mono promo without the alarm clock at the time) because it can't be heard on a typical old AM radio and Hi Q antenna system anyway.

All of the above.

I really like some of the short versions because they are concise, not repetitive, and don't include extended fast burnout intros and outros with outtakes. "Daydream Believer" with the "7A" intro once again comes to mind. Just play the piano and get on with it. "Make Me Smile" power single edit, by Chicago is plenty, and GREAT, in just three minutes. After listening to the intro, outro, and "midtro" several times, it's just boring in my opinion. Intro to "I Can't Get Next To You" by The Temptations, same thing. Play the piano and horns and get right into it. Hold the "Hold it". "It's Wonderful" by The Rascals, fade that out after the first gag or two and before the sound of the broken glass and "Hava Nagila" on the Kazoo. Hubert Laws trilling his flute throughout the record, great.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic