Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

SOME INTERESTING POINTS ABOUT FREEDOM AND THE RULE OF LAW

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 12047

SOME INTERESTING POINTS ABOUT FREEDOM AND THE RULE OF LAW

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:02 pm

In another thread, someone said
THAT’S THE BEAUTY OF FREEDOM. I GET TO DO WHAT I WANT REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU THINK! AND YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU GET TO DO THE SAME! ISN’T FREEDOM GREAT?!
Ah, the old and ignorant “yelling FIRE in a crowded theater” argument. Yelling anything anywhere is protected by free speech.
You truly don’t understand free speech. Free speech says you can call me the n-word, faggot, lezbo, dyke, etc., but my free speech says I can call you out on it and condemn your speech.
No, Buzzboard poster extraordinaire, it is you that does not understand. Freedom does NOT give you the right to drive thru a red light with no repercussions. Freedom does not give you the right to tell lies about anyone, anything or any entity. Freedom implies respect for the rule of law. Freedom does not allow you to bully me into your way of thinking, or to make a choice that I don't choose to make. Freedom is not anarchy.

Deleted User 8570

Re: SOME INTERESTING POINTS ABOUT FREEDOM AND THE RULE OF LAW

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:40 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:14 pm
Radio Sucks wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:02 pm
In another thread, someone said
THAT’S THE BEAUTY OF FREEDOM. I GET TO DO WHAT I WANT REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU THINK! AND YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU GET TO DO THE SAME! ISN’T FREEDOM GREAT?!
Ah, the old and ignorant “yelling FIRE in a crowded theater” argument. Yelling anything anywhere is protected by free speech.
You truly don’t understand free speech. Free speech says you can call me the n-word, faggot, lezbo, dyke, etc., but my free speech says I can call you out on it and condemn your speech.
No, Buzzboard poster extraordinaire, it is you that does not understand. Freedom does NOT give you the right to drive thru a red light with no repercussions. Freedom does not give you the right to tell lies about anyone, anything or any entity. Freedom implies respect for the rule of law. Freedom does not allow you to bully me into your way of thinking, or to make a choice that I don't choose to make. Freedom is not anarchy.
“Interesting”? That’s false advertising, but that’s your right!

Who said anything about driving through a red light? Oh yeah, you made that up and attributed it to me. You lied, but that’s your right!

Nothing has stopped you from telling lies about anyone, anything, or any entity. Why? Because it’s your right!

“Bully”? “Make a choice you don’t want to make”? Have you not read everything I’ve written on consent? I don’t force you to do anything! That’s what cops do!
Free speech is between you and the government. You walk into my place and yell fire or start causing a scene and your ass is grass...

You have no right to do either except with the government. Private property is another matter. That is precisely why you can be arrested for disporderly conduct or asked to leave and with the police doing the asking if you like...

Yelling fire in a crowded theatre is NOT protected speech by the way.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:47 am

The First Amendment states, in relevant part, that: “Congress shall make no law...abridging freedom of speech.”

According to the ACLU: https://www.aclu.org/other/your-right-free-expression
The First Amendment guarantees our right to free expression and free association, which means that the government does not have the right to forbid us from saying what we like and writing what we like; we can form clubs and organizations, and take part in demonstrations and rallies.
According to the United States Courts: https://www.uscourts.gov/about-federal- ... /what-does
Freedom of speech does not include the right:

To incite actions that would harm others (e.g., “[S]hout[ing] ‘fire’ in a crowded theater.”).
Schenck v. United States, 249 U.S. 47 (1919).
No matter how you decide you want to interpret the law and Constitution, your assertions in the real world are wrong. The world can react to, or avoid, your "free speech" within the limits of their rights and so it doesn't harm others. I would kick you off my property in a heartbeat for simply opening your mouth. Sue me. Who do you think gave you inalienable rights of free speech, and who is the enforcer of those rights besides the government? Yourself? Why aren't these rights enforced in all nations? Take your crap to another less tolerant country, and you would run into a dangerous situation. And your response can't include the word "should" or any variation of that.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:03 am

Kinda scary to think that everyone on this board votes...

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:21 pm

I don't live in a trailer park, or anywhere near one. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Since you're so critical of people who lie, where did you come up with that doozy?

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:34 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:29 pm
ZenithCKLW wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:21 pm
I don't live in a trailer park, or anywhere near one. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Since you're so critical of people who lie, where did you come up with that doozy?
Show me where I said you live in a trailer park. I simply said I don’t have a desire to visit one. Maybe tomorrow I will. I’ll bring king prawn for dinner.
In English that’s called an implication... it’s used to mean something without saying it directly... you lose.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:36 pm

Don't give me that crap, that's what you meant, especially since beginning that thought with "besides", which means it's somehow related to what you said prior. We weren't talking about trailer parks at all.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:52 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:36 pm
Don't give me that crap, that's what you meant, especially since beginning that thought with "besides", which means it's somehow related to what you said prior. We weren't talking about trailer parks at all.
He is trying to piss you off.
He gets a kick out of this.

Let him talk to himself. Pay him no mind.

Music is my life.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:55 pm

I'm not pissed off at all. I think it's hilarious. I'm pointing out the very obvious flaws in the crap it says, which I enjoy doing. It's like talking with a chat bot that went a bit haywire.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:16 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:55 pm
I'm not pissed off at all. I think it's hilarious. I'm pointing out the very obvious flaws in the crap it says, which I enjoy doing. It's like talking with a chat bot that went a bit haywire.
I think this one went “Johnny 5” on us...

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:25 pm

LOL! Masturbation? Where's your source for that info, or did you make that up too? Aren't you the one who admits to becoming orgasmic after a conflict?

This entity's lack of connection to the real world just gets more hilarious.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:53 pm

This is truly hilarious 😂.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:24 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:18 pm
ZenithCKLW wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:25 pm
LOL! Masturbation? Where's your source for that info, or did you make that up too? Aren't you the one who admits to becoming orgasmic after a conflict?

This entity's lack of connection to the real world just gets more hilarious.
Steve Korvette wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:53 pm
This is truly hilarious 😂.
Laughter is the best medicine. I have a PhD in OPP.
Piled high and deep you say?

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:24 pm

I better invest in stock for boot companies.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:56 am

Truly disappointed... looks like there is no chance of any actual discussion or reasonable discourse.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic