All new acct registrations in the queue as of 8/11 at 9:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Outa Here

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3705
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Outa Here

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:05 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:43 am
On the other hand he may just have a small penis.
I suspect that might be true of most gun owners.



User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3705
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Outa Here

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:43 am

Sitting outside today, kept seeing flocks of ducks, all heading south. Must have been wintering somewhere in the southern U.S. and decided it just wasn't warm enough.

Look out Cuba, for an invasion of ducks.



User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2980
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Outa Here

Post by Bryce » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:51 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:43 am
Sitting outside today, kept seeing flocks of ducks, all heading south. Must have been wintering somewhere in the southern U.S. and decided it just wasn't warm enough.

Look out Cuba, for an invasion of ducks.
Hope they make it. Lot's of Cuban's could use a decent meal.


~The people that predicted new technology would make us a paperless society evidently never tried to wipe their butt with an iPhone"~

User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3705
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Outa Here

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:36 pm

Went to the store tonight to get a bag of ice. The woman ahead of me in the line asked for a quick pick on the lottery. The girl printed off the ticket and handed it to her. The woman studied it and handed it back. Didn't like the numbers. Asked for another one. The girl printed a new ticket and handed it to the woman. She accepted that one.

After the woman left the girl asked if anyone else in the line would like to by the unwanted ticket. The Chinese lady bought it. I hope she wins.



User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3705
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Outa Here

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:46 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:45 pm
So, my wife was in shopping at one of her stores today. I sat on the bench outside doing a Sudoku puzzle. A guy came along and sat down on the bench next to me. He decided he wanted to talk, so I closed up my book. Turns out, he was from Ontario too. We chatted for a while, then he pointed up into the air. A couple of vultures were circling around. I said to him, "Maybe one of us is dying." That kind of ended the conversation.

Same bench, different day.

Sitting on the same bench again today, waiting for my wife. Some guy out in the parking lot is shouting at his wife loud enough to be heard all across the parking lot. "I don't care. He's a fu**ing liberal. He's my enemy."

I cant say as I have any friends who are liberals. But if I have any enemies who are liberals, it isn't because they are liberal that they're my enemy. Being liberal or being conservative may not endear people to me, but it doesn't automatically make them my enemy.



User avatar
Plate Cap
Posts: 603
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:18 am
Location: After the rectifier stack

Re: Outa Here

Post by Plate Cap » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:42 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:46 pm

I cant say as I have any friends who are liberals. But if I have any enemies who are liberals, it isn't because they are liberal that they're my enemy. Being liberal or being conservative may not endear people to me, but it doesn't automatically make them my enemy.
I have 2 life long friends that are heavily liberal. Usual thing......didn't push very hard in life, and don't make as much money as some who did, but now are resentful of those and want their 'fair share'.

Side note: I want to extend that theory to lottery winning.....I don't buy tickets very often, but shouldn't I share in the winnings of those who win?

I digress.

Both engaged me in discussions during the tenure of our recent past president. They didn't like what I had to say, so I suggested, and kept suggesting through the last talk I had with either that we just make that topic off limits and continue on with our friendship, ripe with lots of cool memories and history.

Both would not quit the discussion, and continued to bait me. It happens a fair amount to me, as I'm generally easy going and perhaps it is felt I can be swayed.

Anyway, it continued to get uglier and uglier. Every contact resulted in unpleasantness. They called me names. Told me I had no heart.

I quit calling and taking calls, since I didn't want to fight.

So, I guess it works both ways......kind of like implying people with guns have them because of some concern about their penis size. Apparently we all make our points in different ways.


The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3705
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Outa Here

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:19 pm

So, I guess it works both ways......kind of like implying people with guns have them because of some concern about their penis size. Apparently we all make our points in different ways.
I think maybe Bryce had his tongue in his cheek when he made that suggestion.

I despise liberals for their politics, but it's not personal against any individual. There may be some decent liberals around. I just haven't met them yet.



format this
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:49 pm
Location: Just stole Bill Murray's Budweiser at Wrigley
Contact:

Re: Outa Here

Post by format this » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:43 pm

Turkeytop wrote:Went to the store tonight to get a bag of ice. The woman ahead of me in the line asked for a quick pick on the lottery. The girl printed off the ticket and handed it to her. The woman studied it and handed it back. Didn't like the numbers. Asked for another one. The girl printed a new ticket and handed it to the woman. She accepted that one.

After the woman left the girl asked if anyone else in the line would like to by the unwanted ticket. The Chinese lady bought it. I hope she wins.
In Michigan, she would have been stuck with those numbers. It’s the risk of easy pick... and I wouldn’t have printed another ticket. You got your easy pick, pay for it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3705
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Outa Here

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:57 pm

If she only wanted numbers she liked, why didn't she just pick her own?



format this
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:49 pm
Location: Just stole Bill Murray's Budweiser at Wrigley
Contact:

Re: Outa Here

Post by format this » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:37 am

Turkeytop wrote:If she only wanted numbers she liked, why didn't she just pick her own?
Exactly!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3705
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Outa Here

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:22 am

When we're down here, I subscribe to the Tampa Bay Times. It's on the doorstep each morning. Neighbours have told me the driver comes through here about 3:00 AM.

This morning there was no paper at the door. Asked a few neighbours and they didn't get theirs either. Called the Times to report the non-delivery. The woman on the phone checked her computer and was surprised to learn that the entire route had been missed


I'm guessing the driver was up too late last night, watching football and drinking beer to be up for a 3:00 AM run.



User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3705
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Outa Here

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:23 pm

We have a Steve Bannon look alike residing here in our Park. But, unlike his double, our guy only wears one shirt at a time.



willtogo
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:43 am

Re: Outa Here

Post by willtogo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:40 am

Turkeytop, I'm really loving these philosophic bench talks of yours :D



User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3705
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Outa Here

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:53 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:22 am
When we're down here, I subscribe to the Tampa Bay Times. It's on the doorstep each morning. Neighbours have told me the driver comes through here about 3:00 AM.

This morning there was no paper at the door. Asked a few neighbours and they didn't get theirs either. Called the Times to report the non-delivery. The woman on the phone checked her computer and was surprised to learn that the entire route had been missed


I'm guessing the driver was up too late last night, watching football and drinking beer to be up for a 3:00 AM run.
Looks like, maybe the delivery guy was canned and they've hired a replacement. Whereas the paper used to be always on the doorstep, it's now in the driveway. He shoulda called in sick.



NS8401
Posts: 8421
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: Outa Here

Post by NS8401 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:13 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:53 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:22 am
When we're down here, I subscribe to the Tampa Bay Times. It's on the doorstep each morning. Neighbours have told me the driver comes through here about 3:00 AM.

This morning there was no paper at the door. Asked a few neighbours and they didn't get theirs either. Called the Times to report the non-delivery. The woman on the phone checked her computer and was surprised to learn that the entire route had been missed


I'm guessing the driver was up too late last night, watching football and drinking beer to be up for a 3:00 AM run.
Looks like, maybe the delivery guy was canned and they've hired a replacement. Whereas the paper used to be always on the doorstep, it's now in the driveway. He shoulda called in sick.
Shoulda had a union... wouldn’t need to call in sick... he’d be right back on the route...



User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3705
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Outa Here

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:24 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:13 am
w

Shoulda had a union... wouldn’t need to call in sick... he’d be right back on the route...
That's a myth. The Union can't force the Employer to do anything. But, depending on the guy's record, the Union might be able to help him. If he had an otherwise good record the employer might be persuaded to give him another chance. But he would still be subject to serious discipline.


I always told people, if they couldn't go to work, call the Company and explain.

I heard some pretty creative explanations. I used to tell my wife that when I retired I was going to write a book of excuses people had used for not going to work.

"I got lost on the way to work."

"I soiled myself."

"I thought it was still Sunday.



NS8401
Posts: 8421
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: Outa Here

Post by NS8401 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:43 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:24 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:13 am
w

Shoulda had a union... wouldn’t need to call in sick... he’d be right back on the route...
That's a myth. The Union can't force the Employer to do anything. But, depending on the guy's record, the Union might be able to help him. If he had an otherwise good record the employer might be persuaded to give him another chance. But he would still be subject to serious discipline.


I always told people, if they couldn't go to work, call the Company and explain.

I heard some pretty creative explanations. I used to tell my wife that when I retired I was going to write a book of excuses people had used for not going to work.

"I got lost on the way to work."

"I soiled myself."

"I thought it was still Sunday.
So much for sarcasm...



User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3705
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Outa Here

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:29 am

NS8401 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:43 pm
So much for sarcasm...
Oh, I knew it was only sarcasm. But I always feel compelled to defend against anti-Union sarcasm. :blink



NS8401
Posts: 8421
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: Outa Here

Post by NS8401 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:05 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:29 am
NS8401 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:43 pm
So much for sarcasm...
Oh, I knew it was only sarcasm. But I always feel compelled to defend against anti-Union sarcasm. :blink
I’m actually quite a pro union guy... I was disappointed to find out my new company was a non-union shop. They decertified about 10 years ago and haven’t looked back.



User avatar
Plate Cap
Posts: 603
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:18 am
Location: After the rectifier stack

Re: Outa Here

Post by Plate Cap » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:12 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:05 am

I’m actually quite a pro union guy... I was disappointed to find out my new company was a non-union shop. They decertified about 10 years ago and haven’t looked back.
Unions are fine when they actually accomplish something. With some exceptions, mostly concerned with the sort of thing unions and other socialist operations suffer from (people in control feathering their beds under the guise of leadership), the IBEW comes to mind. They handle a lot of things, fairly well, for the most part. Operating engineers are another.

That said, a great number of other unions exist only to fleece the members, many of whom either are not or they consider themselves unable to handle the normal affairs of their own education, training, money handling, and the like. Many unions achieved great things 50 or more years ago, but now just drain the blood of the members under some sort of homage to the past.

That's why I'm such a big fan of right-to-work, especially a'la Michigan's version: You like your union? It's doing good things for your group? Go with God, my sons, and enjoy. However no one should EVER be forced to belong or to continue to belong.

It's funny that right-to-work is so strongly opposed by some of the rank and file, for if the government wanted to pull the same sort of things on the people the unions want to, they would scream bloody murder.

Not so funny, I guess, it's all about money and dues.


The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic