Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

what's up with Toledo's Zone?

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
EnbyCee

what's up with Toledo's Zone?

Post by EnbyCee » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:57 am

Anyone notice a great development in Toledo radio this week? The girly music seems to be gone from 100.7. They're playing much harder rock.......even some 80's stuff like GnR, VH and Skid Row has been heard. Their social media has some cryptic references to "trying some new things", but I for one hope it lasts. Don't let the door hit you in the ass Hozier, Lorde, Gotye, etc.

Fuck Canada.

EnbyCee

Re: what's up with Toledo's Zone?

Post by EnbyCee » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:55 am

They're getting a LOT of negative posts on Facebook so I suggest that anyone who enjoys this change let them know.

I do think they should keep the hard classic rock to a minimum and for crying out loud NO HAIR BANDS. That stuff has been well covered by IOT and XKR for decades. I'm wondering how much of an audience there is for this kind of station in 2016, but they almost literally can't get lower ratings than they were playing emo wuss music. And keep playing music in the mornings, don't make the same mistake an otherwise great hard rock station Razor 94.7 in Green Bay does by piping in Free Beer & Hot Wings. Or any other wacky morning zoo.

A name change might help too. Buzz 100.7?

Fuck Canada.

EnbyCee

Post by EnbyCee » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:03 am

Here you go playing fantasy radio again. Why the hell would they put the awful syndicated talk shows no one listens to on two signals?

Fuck Canada.

EnbyCee

Post by EnbyCee » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:56 pm

Don Imus and Dave Ramsey are better than music. Yep. :roll:

Fuck Canada.

EnbyCee

Post by EnbyCee » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:13 pm

WRIF doesn't matter in Toledo. You can NOT consistently pick up WRIF here, especially clear enough to listen to music, unless conditions are right. Nor is IOT "still king", XKR beat them last book. "Burping on the air makes you cool in 2016" Kramer is inferior to Grizzly and whatever is left of Bob & Tom might finally be getting too stale even for Toledo.

Fuck Canada.

EnbyCee

Post by EnbyCee » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:53 am

This station is CONSTANTLY silent (transmitter on, but no audio) overnights lately. Come on, get it together over there.

Fuck Canada.

EnbyCee

Post by EnbyCee » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:50 pm

Even Specs wannabes would cost a few shekels more than spooling up the streams of repetitive music and lame dick jokes, or has-been Imus, so we couldn't possibly have that. All the remaining available money on Arlington goes to trying to recreate 1995, while the race to the bottom with ifart continues.

Fuck Canada.

EnbyCee

Post by EnbyCee » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:51 am

1027BrianFM wrote:

I think when they tinkered with putting CBS sports on there, that's what killed them and they cant seem to recover.
A combination of things has killed the Ticket. Awful local programming; one "local" show done in Cleveland that only talks Cleveland, Cleveland, Buckeyes, Cleveland when half of this market wants Tigers/Lions/UM talk, and another that's a longtime cure for insomnia in Mike Miller's Drive Time. Yeah, Mike & Mike although getting stale after 15+ years are better than whatever awful morning show CBS has anymore but it's not good enough to make up for that. And the signal of course. Not only can they not air the Tigers, but if you can't pick up WLQR terrestrially why would you bother listening when you can open an app and hear talk about the team you want done better in Detroit, Cleveland or Columbus?

Fuck Canada.

EnbyCee

Post by EnbyCee » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:22 pm

I guess we'll never know why they bothered changing the music format for only a month and a half.

RIP 106.5/100.9/100.7 The Zone. 2001-2011, 2012-2016.

Fuck Canada.

EnbyCee

Post by EnbyCee » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:56 am

LOL. Fremont, Indiana to Fremont, Ohio and Ann Arbor to Findlay. My ass.

I'll tune in to 100.7 this afternoon and see if the Tigers are on. But my guess is also that they won't be, otherwise it would've been in the Blade article yesterday. More likely that WMTR blocked Cumulus from doing what they want again, and Andy's trying to be quiet about it.

Fuck Canada.

EnbyCee

Post by EnbyCee » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:47 pm

No Tigers on 100.7 today, just music. If for some reason you can't pick up the Voice of America from Archbold, better pay for MLB's At Bat app or become an Indians fan.

Fuck Canada.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic