Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. All accepted new account registrations through 2-7-2018 at 8:30p ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating newly registered accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Gendrer Stereotyoing. I'm Guilty

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Gendrer Stereotyoing. I'm Guilty

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:17 am

Had to call tech support today for a problem with the satellite receiver, Got a female agent on the line. She spent about 40 minutes walking me through all the troubleshooting steps and we resolved the problem. I thanked her, told her she really knows her stuff and told her she's more than just a pretty face. She laughed in kind of an embarrassed way and we ended the call.

It started me thinking. If it had been a man, I would just expected him to be competent and wouldn't have given him some kind of lame compliment at the end. But, just because she was a woman, it seemed remarkable to me, that she knew as much as she did.

I wonder how often she gets that from men. It must be humiliating.