Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fox 2 News: your thoughts?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 7620

Fox 2 News: your thoughts?

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:54 pm

Personally, I like WJBK. I think the cutting edge style of news suits the station. It’s definitely a Fox owned station as their newscasts are similar to that of Fox News Channel.

Huel Perkins and Monica Gayle are the best in thy business. However, I can do without people like Jay Towers. I also think Ryan Ermanni needs to go back to doing sports. The morning show needs a shakeup. Other than that, I like Fox 2 News.

amehloldiesfan

Re: Fox 2 News: your thoughts?

Post by amehloldiesfan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:39 pm

I like Fox 2 News and agree about Huel Perkins and Monica Gayle. I also like Roop Raj, Sherry Margolis, Hilary Goldsten.

My only complaints are that the same stories are recycled all day long, and by 11pm, you've heard everything multiple times and know the story by heart. Also, I could do with less "talk show" and stories from the couch in the morning, and more hard news.

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:22 am

Ryan Ermanni can seriously get lost .Dude's a borderline racist,homophobic,sexist a**clown who once opined on WDFN that he could hit .200 off a MAJOR LEAUGUE PITCHER .

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:33 am

borderboy653659200 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:22 am
Ryan Ermanni can seriously get lost .Dude's a borderline racist,homophobic,sexist a**clown who once opined on WDFN that he could hit .200 off a MAJOR LEAUGUE PITCHER .
Cowboy- You cannot go around making false statements of a person. This speaks more to your character than anything else.

slander
noun [ C/U ] US ​ /ˈslæn·dər/

a false, spoken statement about someone which damages that person's reputation, or the making of such a statement:

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:52 am

Mr. Transistor,perhaps you didn't listen to Ermanni at the 105.1 when it was a sports station and WDFN,but I did,and I heard Ermanni's stupid "bro-ish" remarks about blacks,women,LGBTQs and others. I wouldn't make this accusation if it weren't true.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:53 am

amehloldiesfan wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:39 pm
…. My only complaints are that the same stories are recycled all day long, and by 11pm, you've heard everything multiple times and know the story by heart. Also, I could do with less "talk show" and stories from the couch in the morning, and more hard news ...
What needs to be repeated more often from 4am to 9am is the weather, traffic.
And I feel who won and lost the night before should be said more often. It don't need to be a play-by-play. But the just a quick "Tigers won one last night, Fred gets the win, and the Pistons lost against the Knicks". What did that take 4 seconds to say?

I think sometimes the morning news (and they all share this fault) don't realize most folks in the early morning are not plopping their butt down on the couch for a half hour. This "stay tuned for another 10 minutes if you want to know what the weather is going to be" is a bunch of bologna.

But I agree with you about the every 10 minutes the same story about R. Kelly. (rant coming, sorry): How many folks ever even heard of this guy before American Media got together and shoved him in our face non-stop (rant over thank you for your patience).

I know the topic is Fox2. And because Fox2 is guilty just as much I'll roll with it. Every 10 minutes Doug Luzader telling up what's up in Washington. Most folks are crawling out of bed, flipping the boob tube on to see the weather and traffic, and stumbling out the door. They don't care about the never ending Mueller investigation at six in the morning? Or Jay's Space Walk. Or Deena telling us we should exercise more and don't eat unhealthy foods. What a waste of 5 minutes her segments are. Every thing she says is like "Duh, no kidding?".

But it gets back to what I've said in other threads. It's easier for the local affiliate to just pull video and what to say off the satellite, than it is for the station to do write their own stories, and go out and cover local issues.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:03 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:53 am
amehloldiesfan wrote:
…. My only complaints are that the same stories are recycled all day long, and by 11pm, you've heard everything multiple times and know the story by heart. Also, I could do with less "talk show" and stories from the couch in the morning, and more hard news ...
And I feel who won and lost the night before should be said more often. It don't need to be a play-by-play. But the just a quick "Tigers won one last night, Fred gets the win, and the Pistons lost against the Knicks". What did that take 4 seconds to say?

I think sometimes the morning news (and they all share this fault) don't realize most folks in the early morning are not plopping their butt down on the couch for a half hour. This "stay tuned for another 10 minutes if you want to know what the weather is going to be" is a bunch of bologna.

But I agree with you about the every 10 minutes the same story about R. Kelly. (rant coming, sorry): How many folks ever even heard of this guy before American Media got together and shoved him in our face non-stop (rant over thank you for your patience).

I know the topic is Fox2. And because Fox2 is guilty just as much I'll roll with it. Every 10 minutes Doug Luzader telling up what's up in Washington. Most folks are crawling out of bed, flipping the boob tube on to see the weather and traffic, and stumbling out the door. They don't care about the never ending Mueller investigation at six in the morning? Or Jay's Space Walk. Or Deena telling us we should exercise more and don't eat unhealthy foods. What a waste of 5 minutes her segments are. Every thing she says is like "Duh, no kidding?".

But it gets back to what I've said in other threads. It's easier for the local affiliate to just pull video and what to say off the satellite, than it is for the station to do write their own stories, and go out and cover local issues.
On the contrary...ratings say the folks love it...

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:35 pm

“Fox 2 Mornings” from 4- 9 fair, Fox 2 “ The Nine” A waste of a 2 hour block, Fox 2 “ Live At 11” Better, Fox 2 News At 5 PM Above Better and finally Fox 2 News At 10 and 11 PM Great, Now why can’t Fox 2 produce a consistent product? Why do we have to wait until 10PM to get a good solid program?

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:01 am

They need to get rid of the Nine, and rename the show, Good Day Detroit. Bring Jason Carr back to the station and get him a co-host that’s actually articulate and isn’t showing off her boobs and legs for two hours.

As for Ryan Ermanni, he’s a jerk but isn’t as bad as the likes of Sean Hannity.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:15 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:01 am
They need to get rid of the Nine, and rename the show, Good Day Detroit. Bring Jason Carr back to the station and get him a co-host that’s actually articulate and isn’t showing off her boobs and legs for two hours.

So get rid of a top rated show?

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:10 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:15 pm
CircleWXYZ wrote:

I've said this before about The Nine. If I was an advertiser, I wouldn't go near it.

You are right, it is the station most TV's are tuned to.
It's on in the background while people are running around the house, getting coffee, doing laundry, whatever. It is actually the perfect format for just that. Go take a shower and miss nothing because it's going to be repeated every 15 minutes.
People at home got the volume up loud enough to stick their head in the room when they hear the weather jingle, or the cooking segment jingle, or whatever piques their interest.

But if it could be ascertained somehow, I'll wager that, between 2, 4 and 7, Channel 2 is the channel that people are actually looking at the least from 9 to 11.

Be honest, would YOU sit and watch Fox2 from 9 to 11 without getting up?
Without thinking "well, this story is kind of lame, think I'll go do a load of dishes"?

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:43 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:10 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:15 pm
CircleWXYZ wrote:

I've said this before about The Nine. If I was an advertiser, I wouldn't go near it.

You are right, it is the station most TV's are tuned to.
It's on in the background while people are running around the house, getting coffee, doing laundry, whatever. It is actually the perfect format for just that. Go take a shower and miss nothing because it's going to be repeated every 15 minutes.
People at home got the volume up loud enough to stick their head in the room when they hear the weather jingle, or the cooking segment jingle, or whatever piques their interest.

But if it could be ascertained somehow, I'll wager that, between 2, 4 and 7, Channel 2 is the channel that people are actually looking at the least from 9 to 11.

Be honest, would YOU sit and watch Fox2 from 9 to 11 without getting up?
Without thinking "well, this story is kind of lame, think I'll go do a load of dishes"?
This!!

The talent on the Nine is much to be desired. It’s just plain unwatchable.

jsf

Post by jsf » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:58 pm

It might be that 2 is not that great but every other station is worse, thus the ratings.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:04 am

NS8401 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:03 pm
Mike Oxlong wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:53 am
amehloldiesfan wrote:

On the contrary...ratings say the folks love it...
Or just hate it less?

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:15 am

Two people need to go from Fox 2, Josh Landon and Hillary Goldstine, They’re the worst reporters that Fox 2 has. I cringed every time I see them reporting a story. Bottom of the barrel talent.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic