Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The End of my Walmart Years

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Graham Wellington

Re: The End of my Walmart Years

Post by Graham Wellington » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:19 pm

Oldies 84 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:47 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:41 am
Our local Walmart shut down all of their checkouts for one hour today, except for the self checkouts. Word is, they're going to phase out all of their human checkouts within the next few weeks They had staff on hand to indoctrinate shoppers on the use of self checkouts. I just left my shopping cart and walked out, but not before loading it up with ice cream.
So you went through all the trouble loading the cart with ice cream, It would of been easier just to go through the self checkout and be on your way, That was a stupid thing to do and it was more work for you to do. Some people just do stupid things and obviously your one of them.
Let me guess - Turkeytop is a member of some sort of union. Because that is textbook union low brow activity.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:27 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:00 pm
Oldies 84 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:47 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:41 am
Our local Walmart shut down all of their checkouts for one hour today, except for the self checkouts. Word is, they're going to phase out all of their human checkouts within the next few weeks They had staff on hand to indoctrinate shoppers on the use of self checkouts. I just left my shopping cart and walked out, but not before loading it up with ice cream.
So you went through all the trouble loading the cart with ice cream, It would of been easier just to go through the self checkout and be on your way, That was a stupid thing to do and it was more work for you to do. Some people just do stupid things and obviously your one of them.
Protest or not it was dumb, If I was on the Security team I would’ve tracked his ass to the parking lot and make him clean up his mess or have him pay for the ice cream, It’s stupid shit that people do in stores that keeps the prices increasing, I own retail stores and see this crap every day, Between shit like what Turkey did and theft I’m glad that the Wife and I are selling all of our businesses in the next few months, Until you own a retail business then you don’t understand what’s all involved.

He did it in protest... never mind the workers who have to deal with his mess...

Meanwhile at Wal-Mart with the wife (not my idea) and I didn’t realize they have a guy manning a little booth at the fitting rooms... he needs to know how many garments you take into what room... says something about theft levels here me thinks...

When I worked at Kroger the common instruction for people who do that stuff would be “hide and go fuck yourself”... we hated those people and I would strongly encourage folks to not be that guy...
Last edited by Deleted User 14888 on Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:28 pm

Maybe they should learn how to run a store and then people wouldn't have to do that

Music is my life.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:33 pm

The bottom line is Turkey did what a 12 year old would do, Stupid is what Stupid does, And if he came into my store and pulled that shit I would throw his ass out the door.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:37 pm

Okay yes it was childish. Extremely childish. And I completely agree with you.
He was just trying to make a statement though
(Which could have been handled better)

Music is my life.

Realist

Post by Realist » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:38 pm

I’m sure TT was joking.

The Wilder Rd Meijer in Bay City (that I frequent the most) pulled out about 4-6 self scan no limit checkouts within the past year and replaced them with cashier lanes. I’m assuming too much theft and not enough use. Good to see...

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:39 pm

Meijer has brains !

Music is my life.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:47 pm

"And people with that mindset typically pinch their pennies into oblivion, so I'm guessing stores aren't bending over backwards trying to keep your business."

Keep guessing Junior. Your mindset is showing.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:00 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:18 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:09 pm

Right on, because learning new things is hard and we'd rather just live life in 1982 perpetuity.
I get it. Why pay employees when you can get the customers to do the job for free?
So let’s get a cart full of ice cream and leave it so the employees can clean it up. SMART MOVE, You are a real Turkey aren’t you! I just wonder how many children were around watching what you were doing, You’re a great influence Turkey, Maybe you were just having a Senior moment, I really don’t know I hope you can work it out, Maybe we can go out for a drink one day, But no Wal-Marts.
Last edited by Deleted User 14888 on Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:10 pm

Realist wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:38 pm
I’m sure TT was joking.

The Wilder Rd Meijer in Bay City (that I frequent the most) pulled out about 4-6 self scan no limit checkouts within the past year and replaced them with cashier lanes. I’m assuming too much theft and not enough use. Good to see...
I wonder how much sway the union has in that every time they negotiate their contract? "Ok sure you can have so many self scanners if you give us x in return"... One thing about Meijer's union is that it is fairly strong and their employees have won some pretty decent benefits...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:08 pm

As long as there are messes to be cleaned up, Walmart will need employees to do the cleaning. They may be able to con their customers into doing the jobs of the cashiers. But the customers aren't going to take on the duties of the cleaning staff.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:19 pm

I'm on your side about the frustration, and I completely share the frustration, but I'm sure there are better ways to express it than leaving a mess. When I worked at Meijer when I was younger, no one took or gave away my job, but when there was a mess to be cleaned, since there wasn't really a "cleanup department", an additional job was piled on me, not relieving me of other duties. It was expected I get it all done anyway, when I, personally, had no connection to the mess or what caused it at all. If I couldn't get it all done by the time I was forced to punch out, I got in trouble.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:36 pm

Yeah. Don't punish the employees for what the employer does

Music is my life.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:40 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:08 pm
As long as there are messes to be cleaned up, Walmart will need employees to do the cleaning. They may be able to con their customers into doing the jobs of the cashiers. But the customers aren't going to take on the duties of the cleaning staff.
There isn’t a cleaning staff. The folks who work there have to drop whatever they are doing to deal with your bullshit... they might have a guy at night to do the floors but everything else is on an as needed basis and maybe they have a spot mop task a few times a day. Don’t punish your fellow working class brethren for the errors of their employer... nobody cares about your protest or knows why you did it... the only thought they’ll have is “there goes another asshole”...
Last edited by Deleted User 8570 on Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:42 pm

I refuse to shop at Walmart. Haven't been inside one of my own volition in probably 20 years.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic