Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Take Control. Boycott Trump Prime Time Live.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Take Control. Boycott Trump Prime Time Live.

Post by screen glare » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:16 pm

Of ... you want to play the drinking game and take a shot every time Trump lies tonight - just watch it later.

If you watch it live you give Trump clout as a ratings maker - money maker - for the networks. Which will result in them letting him do this again - under tonight’s Trumped up guise of a national emergency.

Sheesh!

Mega Hertz

Re: Take Control. Boycott Trump Prime Time Live.

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:48 pm

screen glare wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:16 pm
Of ... you want to play the drinking game and take a shot every time Trump lies tonight - just watch it later.

If you watch it live you give Trump clout as a ratings maker - money maker - for the networks. Which will result in them letting him do this again - under tonight’s Trumped up guise of a national emergency.

Sheesh!
Even John Bonham, Keith Moon and Bon Scott combined couldn't handle all that alcohol.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:51 pm

I'm gonna do something really nuts. Some serious new shit. I doubt many, if anyone, has ever tried something like this.

Ready?

I'm simply NOT going to watch it. Simple. I have no interest in him, his hate, or his so-called "agenda". I know it will only serve to get me aggravated (before bed, no less), and I'm not interested in any simple-minded talking points, either. So I will avoid it.

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change..."

-TurkeyTop

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:16 pm

Speaking of hate - the left has been spewing it towards Trump since before he was elected. And we're not just talking hate, but VILE hate. I've never seen anything like it before.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:20 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:16 pm
Speaking of hate - the left has been spewing it towards Trump since before he was elected. And we're not just talking hate, but VILE hate. I've never seen anything like it before.
You obviously weren't paying attention from 1/20/2009 to 1/20/2017.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:22 pm

Dammit, Vic...that doesn't count! It only counts when the boogeyman known collectively as "the left" says it or does it.

Yeah, but...yeah, but...yeah, but...

-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:24 pm

It's not that you need to convince me we NEED this wall, but you need to convince me that everything else in this country is taken care of, there's no other looming issues at hand, thus we can now build a wall.

It's like Lewis Black said "Yeah, they're gonna build that wall and it'll take Congress seven years to figure out what fucking color to paint it."

-TurkeyTop

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:43 pm

Nice try Vic, but there's no comparison. Sure, the amount of "hatred" towards Obama from the right was elevated compared to past presidencies, but the hatred from the left towards Trump (and also his supporters) is at a whole new level.

Going back to Regan, if we had a hate meter with 1 being minimal hate and 10 being full-blown derangement, I'd rate the degree of hate from detractors at the time as follows:

Regan - 2
Bush Sr. - 2
Clinton - 5
Geroge W Bush - 7
Obama - 6
Trump - 10+

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:48 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:43 pm
Nice try Vic, but there's no comparison. Sure, the amount of "hatred" towards Obama from the right was elevated compared to past presidencies, but the hatred from the left towards Trump (and also his supporters) is at a whole new level.

Going back to Regan, if we had a hate meter with 1 being minimal hate and 10 being full-blown derangement, I'd rate the degree of hate from detractors at the time as follows:

Regan - 2
Bush Sr. - 2
Clinton - 5
Geroge W Bush - 7
Obama - 6
Trump - 10+
I should be amazed that you're stupid enough to believe that. I'm not.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:53 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:48 pm
bmw wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:43 pm

Regan - 2
Bush Sr. - 2
Clinton - 5
Geroge W Bush - 7
Obama - 6
Trump - 10+
I should be amazed that you're stupid enough to believe that. I'm not.
While my numbers may be subjective, it is an objectively verifiable fact that hatred for Trump is completely off the charts. Did any Congressional republicans say about Obama "we're going to impeach the motherf*cker"??? Or how about Obama's supporters? Were they routinely attacked in public the way Trump supporters wearing MAGA hats are being attacked on a daily basis? This is just a few examples. I could name many, many more.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:22 pm

Did they ever call Trump or his well-educated wife a monkey? Did anyone ever Photoshop a noose around his neck? Did anyone ever question Trump's birthplace? Did a member of Congress ever stand up in the middle of a Trump speech and bellow, "YOU LIE!"?

Of course not.

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see because they are blinded by their own stupidity and arrogance.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:38 pm

There was a famous cartoon in the New Yorker magazine (if not for working on a TRS-80 computer here at my radio station, I could probably paste this image.) Two dogs were talking, and one dog said to the other -

"It's not enough that we (dogs) succeed. Cats must also fail."

The classic end to a zero sum game. One side cannot win unless the other loses. And US politics has degenerated into this cat and dog fight. Which side are you on? Which side are you fighting? The "right/left" can't just win, the "left/right" must lose, sometimes drastically! And thirty seconds after winners and losers are declared. the fight starts right back up with the next budget showdown, midterm election, judicial confirmation.

I'm tired of a government more focused on getting the job (elected) and not spending a minute actually doing the job (governing.)

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:44 pm

I was going to respond to Vic, but I see much more important matters now before us in this thread - a TRS-80 computer at your radio station. Please elaborate.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:51 pm

screen glare wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:16 pm

Sheesh!
While I'm sympathetic it needs to be noted the networks are not making any money by broadcasting the address. No ads=No cash. That said, don't think for one moment Trump won't be pouring over the numbers to hoist his fragile ego. I'll even venture to say he'll pop off with some dumb ass tweet about his appearance being the biggest, largest.... blah..blah..blah...slobber.. something or other.

I still maintain the best way to bring it home we're not buying his shit is to stream a movie on Amazon or Netflix. If there's a h*** spike in traffic (which I suspect there will be) it does two things: It tells the networks this guy is toxic as far as getting eyeballs and second, the story of Trump getting blown out by Netflix is more compelling than anything he may have to say about his viewership.

[EDIT: BTW - If you are looking for a Netflix show to watch I highly recommend "The Fall". It been out for awhile, but if you've not seen it please do check it out. Outstanding work by Gillian Anderson & Jamie Dornan.)

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:39 pm

I echo the statement of Mega Hertz. I haven't watched a president on TV since my high school years and see no need to change now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic