Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump losing the optics war

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Trump losing the optics war

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:58 am

As if we didn't already know this, Trump is increasingly losing the confidence of Republicans.

This morning, half his cabinet is on "acting" status, he shut down the government while his own party tried to find common ground, and the US has lost its place in the global leadership.

Nixon had full support of the Republicans until he didn't, how much longer will it be?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 8570

Re: Trump losing the optics war

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:16 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:58 am
As if we didn't already know this, Trump is increasingly losing the confidence of Republicans.

This morning, half his cabinet is on "acting" status, he shut down the government while his own party tried to find common ground, and the US has lost its place in the global leadership.

Nixon had full support of the Republicans until he didn't, how much longer will it be?
6 months at best and he’s toast....

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:04 am

I know it's the New Year, but you're both dreaming again.

His polling holds steady in the 40s with no signs of falling.

He's not going anywhere.

btw - how long have we been hearing that he's toast? That drumbeat can be traced back to the day he announced he was running for the republican nomination. I can think of at least 20 different things he's said or done that someone said that would sink his nomination, sink his election, or sink his presidency. You guys STILL don't get it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:13 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:04 am

He's not going anywhere.

btw - how long have we been hearing that he's toast? That drumbeat can be traced back to the day he announced he was running for the republican nomination. I can think of at least 20 different things he's said or done that someone said that would sink his nomination, sink his election, or sink his presidency. You guys STILL don't get it.
I am not worried about polls (although his composite approval has dropped 9.5% in 22 days). I am listening to the Senators who now have to live with him.

Here's the reality: If they keep him, GOP loses in 2020. If they impeach, they still will likely lose, but it's better odds.

Look how much more fucked up things are today from just 90 days ago, and the Democrats haven't even started.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:31 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:04 am

He's not going anywhere.

You don’t get that low 40’s isn’t enough to win again and it also means 55-60% want the guy gone. Those have never been numbers to write home about and they give the senators cover if they need to can him. If a devastating report comes out or he is indicted then he will lose some of those low 40’s. He has been as low as 34 in some polls previously so it is well within the realm of possibility.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:45 pm

I give him 3 months......he'll resign. You'll have those people that will stay on that Trump train till it derails. I got off about 4 stops ago.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:58 pm

Oh, he would never quit. He will need to be forced out.

― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:02 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:13 am
I am not worried about polls (although his composite approval has dropped 9.5% in 22 days)
Link, please? RCP and 538 both show similar composite numbers, steady in the low 40s.
TC Talks wrote:
Here's the reality: If they keep him, GOP loses in 2020. If they impeach, they still will likely lose, but it's better odds.
Impeaching trump absolutely will NOT give republicans better odds in 2020. If dems impeach and some republicans go along, Trump's supporters will stay home in 2020 and dems will win in a landslide.
NS8401 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:31 pm
You don’t get that low 40’s isn’t enough to win again
It was in 2016.
NS8401 wrote:
If a devastating report comes out or he is indicted then he will lose some of those low 40’s
Nope. The needle is at 42. His floor is at around 38 and his ceiling around 45 no matter what happens.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:14 pm

Watch and see

― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:04 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:02 pm
TC Talks wrote:
I am not worried about polls (although his composite approval has dropped 9.5% in 22 days)
Link, please? RCP and 538 both show similar composite numbers, steady in the low 40s.
TC Talks wrote:
Impeaching trump absolutely will NOT give republicans better odds in 2020. If dems impeach and some republicans go along, Trump's supporters will stay home in 2020 and dems will win in a landslide.
NS8401 wrote:
You don’t get that low 40’s isn’t enough to win again
It was in 2016.
NS8401 wrote:
If a devastating report comes out or he is indicted then he will lose some of those low 40’s
Nope. The needle is at 42. His floor is at around 38 and his ceiling around 45 no matter what happens.
He lost the popular vote by 3 million, won 3 states by a combined 70,000 that got him the presidency and he got 46% not the low 40’s... if he either loses 70,001 voters or 1% of his total he’s toast. He won by a thread.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:17 pm

Do you still NOT believe that Donald Trump is mentally ill?

Listen to his words. Look at his behaviors. Count his lies. Count his self-contradictions. Consider the vapid lack of empathy. And sympathy only ever directed toward himself. His obsession with his and other’s facial features and physicality. His obsession with being first, best, most, and childishly selfish. Self-centered to the point of hardship for others. Irresponsible. Never wrong. Never guilty. Never apologizing. Cowardly. Bullying. Delights in the suffering of others. Enjoys chaos.

Is this your idea of a mentally healthy human being? Let alone a president of The United States of America.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:15 am

Gotcha!

Donald Trump is mentally ill.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:28 am

Would Bill Clinton have won re-election if not for an ill-advised attempt to remove him from office via impeachment?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:28 am

Funny. If the unemployment rates for African Americans, Hispanic's and women were at historic lows, like they are now, during the Obama years, there would have been adulation, parades and dancing in the streets.

Yet, those numbers were really bad for African Americas and no one said boo.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:57 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:28 am
Funny. If the unemployment rates for African Americans, Hispanic's and women were at historic lows, like they are now, during the Obama years, there would have been adulation, parades and dancing in the streets.

Yet, those numbers were really bad for African Americas and no one said boo.
They also greatly improved from the bottom of the recession under Obama... nobody said boo then or now because nobody pays attention to economic numbers. My attempt at threads that actually document what’s going on prove that. Your lack of knowledge of how the actual numbers from 2008-present look proves that. Trump wasn’t some economic light switch that flipped immediately upon his assuming the presidency... it’s been rolling since March 2009...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic