I've gotten slow & sloppy in activating new accounts lately; sorry about that! All new acct registrations in the queue as of 9/23 at 7:15a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Marital Advice Needed

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Marital Advice Needed

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:34 pm

My wife is always watching the TV program called Property Brothers. The show features two brothers who possess a talent I don't. They go around renovating homes and making them look really good. When I say she watches it all the time, I mean it's like an addiction. Every time I go in the room she has it on.

These guys are much younger and better looking than I am. I told my wife they're probably gay, but she claims to know for certain they aren't. I think she's getting ready to dump me for one, or maybe both, of them.

What should I do?

NS8401

Re: Marital Advice Needed

Post by NS8401 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:39 pm

Turkeytop wrote:My wife is always watching the TV program called Property Brothers. The show features two brothers who possess a talent I don't. They go around renovating homes and making them look really good. When I say she watches it all the time, I mean it's like an addiction. Every time I go in the room she has it on.

These guys are much younger and better looking than I am. I told my wife they're probably gay, but she claims to know for certain they aren't. I think she's getting ready to dump me for one, or maybe both, of them.

What should I do?
Learn to renovate a house using only a rubber band and your teeth and fast....

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:40 pm

I'm more of a duct tape kind of guy.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Turkeytop wrote:I'm more of a duct tape kind of guy.
That works too... just don't get into a sticky situation...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:00 pm

Maybe I should just bind her up with duct tape so she can't get away on me.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:09 pm

Turkeytop wrote:Maybe I should just bind her up with duct tape so she can't get away on me.
Well that would be novel... she can look at them on TV but not touch... :lol

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:14 pm

It has to be the good duct tape, though. The cheap stuff, they can work it loose with their tongue.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:45 pm

Turkeytop wrote:It has to be the good duct tape, though. The cheap stuff, they can work it loose with their tongue.
Incredible...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:48 am

Duct tape? That brings to mind another Canadian fellow. Maybe you should start wearing a speedo with one red and one green suspenders? Skip the flannel shirt though. Maybe add a tool belt.

Bet that would get her attention.

~The people that predicted new technology would make us a paperless society evidently never tried to wipe their butt with an iPhone"~

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:20 pm

Handyman's Secret Weapon!

My wife recently duct-taped the office chair our boys use for the upstairs computer. I'd buy a new one, but I know it would just be trashed anyway. :razz

As for TT's dilemma, duct tape across the TV screen might help. Tell her the signal must be out. She might buy it - the gray texture looks a lot like analog snow.

YouTube is the Public Access Channel on Crack.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:35 pm

Calvert DeForest wrote:Handyman's Secret Weapon!

My wife recently duct-taped the office chair our boys use for the upstairs computer. I'd buy a new one, but I know it would just be trashed anyway. :razz

As for TT's dilemma, duct tape across the TV screen might help. Tell her the signal must be out. She might buy it - the gray texture looks a lot like analog snow.
Lots of little black dots would add to the effect...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:12 pm

TT needs to cut the cable.

Cable is to television - what streaming is to radio.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:42 pm

I'm wondering if this thing might pass. Last year her TV hunk was a guy named Mike Holmes. Next year it could be Anderson Cooper. Then, I'd really be sunk. How could I ever compete with a sensitive, new age guy like Cooper?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:03 pm

Less sardines maybe?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

jry

Post by jry » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:21 pm

I like all of those shows.
She's right, from what i have heard, they're straight.
Duct tape comes in all different colors. That way, it will blend in with anything you're working on.
Carpenters glue should also be in your kit.
I suggest you make lots of money so that you can hire all of the work out.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:27 pm

I suggest you make lots of money so that you can hire all of the work out.

What? And let those guys in my house? Are you nuts? :lol

SoupySez

Post by SoupySez » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:38 pm

Turkeytop wrote:My wife is always watching the TV program called Property Brothers. The show features two brothers who possess a talent I don't. They go around renovating homes and making them look really good. When I say she watches it all the time, I mean it's like an addiction. Every time I go in the room she has it on.

What should I do?
Property Brothers are twins Jonathan and Drew Scott from Vancouver, BC. One's a licensed contractor, the other a real estate agent. Neither are gay, Drew just got engaged to his longtime girlfriend, the other has a girlfriend. Their dad was once a bit part actor in Hollywood. We watch them sometimes, but after awhile, their voices get on my nerves. Shows ok, if you like that stuff. Guy I like the most is Mike Holmes. His shows are very good and he seems like the genuine article, a person who really cares about the people he does work for. And he seems quite honest in a business that has it's share of take the money and run yahoos.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:00 am

Here is a house you could work on TT...

http://www.space.com/35101-mars-ice-home-design.html

Men are from Mars...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:33 pm

This is getting serious. I think these guys are stalking her. They're on TV down here now.

SoupySez

Post by SoupySez » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Turkeytop wrote:This is getting serious. I think these guys are stalking her. They're on TV down here now.
TT, they're on HGTV, which is carried by most if not all cable companies. Their show is probably fairly popular and is on quite a bit.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic