All new acct registrations in the queue as of 6/16 at 8:10a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

One More Night of Freedom

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

One More Night of Freedom

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:33 pm

Message on the phone today purporting to be from "The Revenue of Canada." There's no such agency. There used to be Revenue Canada, but about five years ago they rebranded as Canada Revenue Agency.

The message told me they had a case against me and directed me to call immediately to the number they gave me or else they would issue a warrant for my arrest. These kind of scammers pop up every year. I called the number and apologized for missing their call. I told they guy I was back home now and would be here for two hours. I suggested that would be a good time to send the police around to arrest me. He said "if that's what you want." I told him I didn't want it but it appears they've got the goods on me.

After supper I had to go back out for a couple of hours. When I got home I asked my wife if the cops had come yet. Not yet. So it looks like I might get one more night to sleep in my own house.