Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

LMFAO at Kmart!!!!

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: LMFAO at Kmart!!!!

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:06 am

That is terrific news, TC Talks.

Summit Place has been a despotic eyesore for years.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:10 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:06 am
That is terrific news, TC Talks.

Summit Place has been a despotic eyesore for years.
It literally killed Pontiac. The combination of "the Mall" and Wide Track Blvd., killed the city. The original mall; The Pontiac Mall, was a microcosm of Pontiac, with all of the major shops and retailers present. There was no longer a good reason to drive the city.

A person could buy a baby grand piano, and a shot gun all in the same trip.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:00 pm

Florida man who reportedly bought an $8 million island arrested for alleged Kmart theft
A Florida man who reportedly bought an $8 million island a week ago was arrested over the weekend after he allegedly conned Kmart for $300 in household items, police say.

Andrew Lippi, 59, was arrested Saturday on a felony grand theft charge after he allegedly purchased items like coffeemakers and lightbulbs and later returned them to the Kmart with different items in their original packaging.

Lippi, who owns a house used during a season of MTV's "Real World," bought Thompson Island off Key West last week for $8 million, the Miami Herald and Local 10 News reported.

The island was the longtime home of developer and philanthropist Edward B. Knight, the outlets reported.

According to a report from the Key West Police Department, Lippi purchased and received a refund on $300.59 worth of items over the course of several days and trips to the Kmart in Key West, just miles from the "Real World" house he purchased.

A loss prevention officer told police Lippi purchased then immediately returned several items between March 30 and April 4, replacing the original item in the box with something else, said the police report. During one incident, the officer claimed Lippi purchased a Keurig coffee machine on March 30. The next day, according to the report, Lippi returned the machine, but replaced it with a basketball.

When asked about the Keurig, Lippi told police the clerk should have known there was no coffee machine inside by the weight of the box, said the report.

In a separate incident, the loss prevention officer said Lippi returned recently-purchased lightbulbs, replacing them with a different brand of bulbs, said the police report. He also purchased a bed skirt, then returned it for a refund with a pillow case inside the packaging, said the report.

In an interview with the Miami Herald, Lippi denied the charges. According to the Herald, when pressed about the theft, Lippi said it was "very complicated and I’d rather not get into it."

Lippi faces arraignment on April 18, said the Monroe County Sheriff's Office.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 415526002/

Thompson Island is 785 miles from Niceville.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:50 pm

That Lippi guy looks like a total creeper! He's clearly an eccentric nutbag. Would love to know how he made his fortune.
Why do I have a feeling it involves some sort of disgusting activity?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:09 am

He made it off returns to Kmart, LOL.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:15 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:26 pm
Kenneth City FL. I believe it's their last store in the state. Every year when we go back I expect it to be gone. But it keeps hanging on. Looks like they haven't done any updating since 1960.

From the looks of it that store won't have to close. It'll just fall down eventually.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:45 am

It could just charge admission and become a museum.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 14990

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:14 pm

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:50 am

How many Kmart actually do even a decent amount of business? Only one I hear about is Guam.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:04 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:50 am
How many Kmart actually do even a decent amount of business? Only one I hear about is Guam.
It sells more Spam per year than any other retail outlet.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:11 am

Way to keep up on global Spam futures. I heard The Dollar General took the lead.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 14990

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:15 pm

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:42 pm

Spam is extremely popular in Guam so I hear. It’s the busiest Kmart, so that makes sense. The fake meat is also big in Hawaii.

kc8yqq

Post by kc8yqq » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:39 am

Will WLS in Chicago consider changing its call letters since Sears is going under? WLS = World's Largest Store (Sears). I doubt it.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:17 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:50 am
Perfect location. Guam is a fairly small island. Not like there's anywhere else to go.
Bryce wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:04 am
It sells more Spam per year than any other retail outlet.
Spam has a long shelf life, so they don't have to worry about inventory going bad. The cans are probably from 1942.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic