Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WCSX

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
JLesinski

Re: WCSX

Post by JLesinski » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:04 pm

Just heard Kid Rock's "All Summer Long" from 2008. :lol

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:59 pm

I heard that about two weeks ago. That song contains two samples from the 70's; Sweet Home Alabama, (1974) and Werewolves Of London, (1978.)

Has anyone heard Pearl Jam on WCSX yet? To me if your going to play 90's music on an Classic Rock Station that as good as it's going to get, (I don't expect them to play Guided By Voices Or Mercury Rev.)

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:46 pm

This afternoon, over lunch, i was pulling up some Guess Who songs online. Man, they had some good songs. They were a staple on WCSX. Do they play this band at all now?
"Undun".. Damn good song. "No Time". "No Sugar Tonight". "These Eyes".
Last night, i pulled up music from my DADS era: Jimmy Gilmer and the Fireballs. A few weeks ago I was listening to Tommy Roes "Dizzy". I grew up listening to this stuff on FM and loved it. All gone on the radio.
Now, about 2 weeks back, i was in Rochester Hills listening to WAHS. They had a Saturday morning classic rock show....produced by students. It was true classic rock, and It made me realize something:
1) young people can appreciate old music if they are actually exposed to it often enough.
2) teenagers do a better job of programming classic rock than the adults who actually were around when those songs were popular.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:24 pm

The Guess who?
HA! You must be joking. It doesnt matter how many good songs they had, WCSX is way more interested in playing a Bob Seger song for the one millionth time.

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:48 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:46 pm
This afternoon, over lunch, i was pulling up some Guess Who songs online. Man, they had some good songs. They were a staple on WCSX. Do they play this band at all now?
Last night, i pulled up music from my DADS era: Jimmy Gilmer and the Fireballs. A few weeks ago I was listening to Tommy Roes "Dizzy". I grew up listening to this stuff on FM and loved it. All gone on the radio.
Now, about 2 weeks back, i was in Rochester Hills listening to WAHS. They had a Saturday morning classic rock show....produced by students. It was true classic rock, and It made me realize something:
1) young people can appreciate old music if they are actually exposed to it often enough.
2) teenagers do a better job of programming classic rock than the adults who actually were around when those songs were popular.
Believe it or not, many teenagers and young adults are totally disillusioned by modern music, and are actively seeking out the music we grew up with, discovering it the same way we did, digging through vinyl. I'm totally impressed with some teens and younger adult's passion and knowledge for older music, and even back to the 40's. This is what gives me a little hope about the future of radio.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:53 pm

I am on a few record collecting groups on facebook. I'd say that there are as many posts by people under 30 as there are by people my age. One thing that surprises even me, is the fact that there are a handful of these same younger folks on a couple of shortwave listener's groups as well. Many currently have Part 15 stations. If *anyone* can save terrestrial radio from becoming totally wasted, I believe it's going to be these folks. Why? Because they radio as it is now. Many were raised with some kind of high school or college radio station exposure. I have discussions online and one question they always ask is, "why do the corporate stations only play the same bunch of songs incessantly?" They find corporate radio to be completely unlistenable. I can never answer that question inconclusively. I can speculate, which is the same as we do here, but that's it. One kid coined a term, that "radio sounds like Wall Street vs Taco Bell with CD's".

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:11 pm

And... many of these younger folks in these groups also love to hear old airchecks of when radio was awesome. That's a promising surprise in my book!

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:36 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:
CKWW plays all of these. If you are in range, there’s your option.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:32 pm

CSX needs to fire or demote Dahmer and move Donielle Flynn to afternoon drive permanently.

What a massive upgrade!!!

She's filling in while he takes vacation.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:38 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:32 pm

She's filling in while he takes vacation.
I thought they seemed a little more listenable lately! :lol:

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:59 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:36 pm
Y M Ionhere wrote:
CKWW plays all of these. If you are in range, there’s your option.
I listen periodically. Last I heard they seemed to be trending more toward disco/70s soul and the playlight tightened up a lot.
Not much 60s at all the last few times i listened. Mostly just on "Live From The Sixties".

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic