All new acct registrations in the queue as of 6/16 at 8:10a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Food Pics

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Food Pics

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:30 pm

Today's breakfast.

Toast, sardines with a dollop of sour cream and hot peppers, dill pickle, V8 juice.

Love Pink

Re: Food Pics

Post by Love Pink » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:28 am

I feel sorry for your toilet

♪♫Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it Muah Muah Muah Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it She's kissing, she's kissing, she's kissing so quick♫♪

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:14 pm

Love Pink wrote:I feel sorry for your toilet
LOL, Pink. I feel sory for anyone's toilet. Is there a toilet anywhere that you envy?

Toilet has to be the worst gig in the house. I'd rather be the coffee maker.

Love Pink

Post by Love Pink » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:58 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Love Pink wrote:I feel sorry for your toilet
LOL, Pink. I feel sory for anyone's toilet. Is there a toilet anywhere that you envy?

Toilet has to be the worst gig in the house. I'd rather be the coffee maker.
I would rather be a cookie jar. It's not an appliance technically, but it's the best thing in the the kitchen(in my opinion anyway). A cookie jar usually comes in the form of some adorable character from pop culture or another cute or beautiful design. It holds a food that is not only unbelievably delicious, but also transcends every demographic. Everyone loves cookies. Every home should have a cookie jar. If I were a cookie jar, I would be the cutest Winnie The Pooh cookie jar and would be full of warm, gooey chocolate chip or M&M cookies or yummy, soft, frosted Lofthouse style cookies.

♪♫Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it Muah Muah Muah Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it She's kissing, she's kissing, she's kissing so quick♫♪

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:58 pm

Today's lunch, Tuna Melt with cauliflower and V8 juice.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:29 pm

Are you trying to win us over to the Canadian cuisine or keep us from wanting to visit. I have to tell you, it might work if it weren't for Tim Horton.

It's apple season here...

(C) 2018 TC Talks. Assembled in U.S.A.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:18 pm

Labatt Crystal Lager. Made right here in London, but very little is sold here. Only a few of the Beer Stores stock it and I don't know of any bars here that sell it. Isn't much demand for it around here. Up north, where we used to live, it was a very popular brand. It had an almost cult-like following, especially with the guys in the Union. So I bought some this week for old times sake.

Four of my old friends of the cult are no longer around. One died of a heart attack. Another committed suicide. One returned to Scotland. The fourth, so I've heard, is in jail for something.

I don't believe that any of these outcomes were related to the beer. But, then again, maybe they all were.

Love Pink

Post by Love Pink » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:19 am

TC Talks wrote:It's apple season here...
I have a bushel of Michigan-grown Honeycrisp apples that are making my kitchen smell so yummy right now. When I bite into one, it's like fresh apple cider(not the hard kind).

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:58 am

Love Pink wrote:
I have a bushel of Michigan-grown Honeycrisp apples that are making my kitchen smell so yummy right now. When I bite into one, it's like fresh apple cider(not the hard kind).
Galas are the variety of choice here ever since they were introduced. They seem to stay firm forever, even when cut up and air-dried in a dish!

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Love Pink

Post by Love Pink » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:34 am

moldyoldie wrote:
Love Pink wrote:
Galas are the variety of choice here ever since they were introduced. They seem to stay firm forever, even when cut up and air-dried in a dish!
Galas are great too. I don't have a favorite kind of apple. I love them all. I buy whatever smells fragrant in the store because that is what will taste the best. MY preference is to buy them from an orchard or farmer's market, but I don't really get that option. The husband driving me around, taking time out of his day makes the choices.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:20 pm

Dinning TurkeyTop Style...

I was out on assignment in Louisiana for three weeks. Got home last week and boom 6 days later I find myself in the great state of Texas for two more.

Eating in restaurants get old after a while and I find myself dinning in my hotel room to be a welcome change on occasion.

This is what I call a "Turkeytop Special".

Mackerel Fillets with soda crackers
New York extra sharp cheddar cheese with Ritz crackers.
Kiwi fruit
Apple wedges
and most importantly a 25.4 oz can of Fosters.

Total cost with beverage, 6.95. Made out pretty good on the per diem tonight!

~The people that predicted new technology would make us a paperless society evidently never tried to wipe their butt with an iPhone"~

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:32 pm

Enjoy, my friend. :)

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:53 pm

I'm gonna get diarrhea just looking at that plate... :lol

SoupySez

Post by SoupySez » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:01 pm

Bryce wrote:Dinning TurkeyTop Style...

I was out on assignment in Louisiana for three weeks. Got home last week and boom 6 days later I find myself in the great state of Texas for two more.

Eating in restaurants get old after a while and I find myself dinning in my hotel room to be a welcome change on occasion.

This is what I call a "Turkeytop Special".

Mackerel Fillets with soda crackers
New York extra sharp cheddar cheese with Ritz crackers.
Kiwi fruit
Apple wedges
and most importantly a 25.4 oz can of Fosters.

Total cost with beverage, 6.95. Made out pretty good on the per diem tonight!
That actually looks fairly appetizing. Of course, I like cheese and crackers anyway. Have since I was a kid. And crackers with spinach dip is good, as is salmon spread.

Love Pink

Post by Love Pink » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:31 am

Motown322 wrote:I'm gonna get diarrhea just looking at that plate... :lol
Beer shits?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:27 am

SoupySez wrote:
That actually looks fairly appetizing. Of course, I like cheese and crackers anyway. Have since I was a kid. And crackers with spinach dip is good, as is salmon spread.
If you haven't tried the canned mackerel fillets, do so. I discovered them quite by accident and except for fresh caught and pan fried perch and walleye, they've become my favorite fish.

~The people that predicted new technology would make us a paperless society evidently never tried to wipe their butt with an iPhone"~

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:30 am

Motown322 wrote:I'm gonna get diarrhea just looking at that plate... :lol
I guess when a persons digestive system becomes accustomed to a steady diet is fire hot cheetos and grape coolaid it may indeed reject healthy foodstuffs.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:31 am

Bryce wrote: If you haven't tried the canned mackerel fillets, do so.
I've used canned mackerel as a substitute for tuna in a tuna salad sandwich. I've also used it in some soups

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:21 pm

Bryce wrote: I guess when a persons digestive system becomes accustomed to a steady diet is fire hot cheetos and grape coolaid it may indeed reject healthy foodstuffs.
Oh... I get it. Real subtle.

You old folks sure take things seriously around here. And I'm sure canned mackerel that's swimming in oil and sodium is at the height of the nutrition pyramid.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:11 pm

Motown322 wrote: You old folks sure take things seriously around here. And I'm sure canned mackerel that's swimming in oil and sodium is at the height of the nutrition pyramid.
I can't speak for the other old folks around here but I buy Mackerel packed in water. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic