All new acct registrations in the queue as of 8/11 at 9:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Monday Is Just Going To Suck

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Re: Monday Is Just Going To Suck

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:37 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:20 pm
ZenithCKLW wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:28 pm
Thank you for sharing your story with us. It brought a tear to my eye.
It brought a few to mine. I can be a cynical callous SOB when it comes to a lot of things....but not dogs. Dogs are special, anyone who's had them knows.

RIP Herr Kaiser I know you will be missed.....hell I miss you and I only saw a picture :(

Me too. I'm a tough old Union guy, but dogs are my soft spot.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:54 am

The healing process has started a bit with me. Although the sorrow is still there, I'm starting to remember all the joyful things he provided too.

Thanks again for sharing the last few days with me.

I made these and put them in a card addressed to "My Mommy", "My Girl" and "My Boy" and left them on Kaiser Boy's pillow last night.

~The people that predicted new technology would make us a paperless society evidently never tried to wipe their butt with an iPhone"~

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:54 am

He's going to haunt your house for a while. You'll catch glimpses and hear sounds (especially sounds). Just so you know he's around.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:45 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss Bryce! As someone who has bid farewell to many animal friends over the years, I can certainly empathize. Herr Kaiser looks like a wonderful companion. Your paths are much better for having crossed.

Hope things are going a little better now that you've had some space to grieve. The first day or two is always the hardest.

YouTube is the Public Access Channel on Crack.

bugzapper

Post by bugzapper » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:00 pm

It's not easy saying goodbye to an old friend. All of us who have been there know that you made the right call, as emotional and difficult as it was. We literally have a pet cemetery under the big tree in our backyard. Two of our dogs, our neighbor's dog, two of our cats, our daughter-in-law's dog, her mom's dog, and an assortment of guinea pigs and other small animals the kids tried to nurse back to health. Well done, Bryce.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:22 pm

Meet Heidi!

The best that I can tell is that "Heidi" is a Rottie/Terrier mix. She was found in an abandoned house in Detroit when a neighbor called and told police she saw a group of teens go into a house and heard a dog howling. She was taken to the Detroit Animal Control facility on July 29th. She had open wounds down to the muscle on both sides of her neck and hind quarters where she was attacked by some kind of animal. You cant see the wounds too clearly in the picture because of the way I have her posed. You can see a bit just below her cheek on the right side of the picture. She is also quite malnourished and heart worm positive.

I have taken her in (yesterday) as a foster parent home to provide health care and basic training to enable her to go to a forever home before my new German boxer boy is born and arrives in November. This dog is a real sweetie, eager to please, loves human contact and a quick learner. As a bonus, yesterday was the first day my wife went without crying once for the entire day since that sad day a few weeks ago. She is quite enamored with "Heidi". (So is "daddy") I have a sneaky suspicion that come November we may end up with two dogs instead of one.

~The people that predicted new technology would make us a paperless society evidently never tried to wipe their butt with an iPhone"~

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:40 pm

After four months she'll be part of the family. She won't be going anywhere.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic